What paint protection

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

M140estoril

What paint protection

Post by M140estoril » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:33 pm

I am going to be collecting my m140i in just over 1 week. I noticed my dealer sneaked in Autoglym lifetime shine (£399) and wheel seal (£99). I declined both when I saw it on my order. I want something else which I prefer to arrange when I get the car home.

I have looked online and have seen Diamondbrite for £260 which includes interior treatment to carpets and leather upholstery. I don't want to spend my life cleaning the car and was hoping someone could recommend a detailed/protection product. TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crafty
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: What paint protection

Post by Crafty » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Find a good detailer in your area, ask about ceramic sealants (GTechniq, Siramik, CQuartz etc)

M140estoril

Post by M140estoril » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:35 pm

Crafty wrote:Find a good detailer in your area, ask about ceramic sealants (GTechniq, Siramik, CQuartz etc)
I have read about g tecniq (very pricey) I am in the Manchester area but getting the car from London.I guess a chat with g tecniq will probably convince me way to go. T Y for advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crafty
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Crafty » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:28 pm

gtech are is one manufactuer - there are others.

If you are in Manchester you could do a lot worse than speak to Blackroc on here, his website: http://remyrocdetailing.co.uk/

I'm sure he will be able to cater for what you want, I know he is busy so might be a little wait though. He pops in from time to time so may see this and reply, but you can always drop him an email

M140estoril

Post by M140estoril » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:46 am

Thanks for this,I have been on his website and likely to ring him for a chat.

M140estoril

Post by M140estoril » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Crafty wrote:gtech are is one manufactuer - there are others.

If you are in Manchester you could do a lot worse than speak to Blackroc on here, his website: http://remyrocdetailing.co.uk/

I'm sure he will be able to cater for what you want, I know he is busy so might be a little wait though. He pops in from time to time so may see this and reply, but you can always drop him an email
I emailed James last night, he replied very quickly.He is fully booked until mid June or may get a cancellation if I am lucky!

Crafty
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Crafty » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Good stuff! he'll have it looking top notch in no time, I'm sure. :mrgreen:

M140estoril

Post by M140estoril » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:04 pm

Crafty wrote:Good stuff! he'll have it looking top notch in no time, I'm sure. :mrgreen:
Might have a problem in that my garage is only a single so it's not super wide. I have suggested I move the car close to the left wall whilst he works on the right then vice versa. I do hope this will work as James is the man from what I have read and heard. It's going to be a 2 day job so I got everything crossed.

I am really buzzing as BMW genius status has moved to 9660 which means it will be delivered to the dealer tomorrow! This is 1 week earlier than expected. I have a train ticket booked to Euston for the following Saturday! If the dealer phones asking if I can collect this Saturday I will!

YaoNg
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by YaoNg » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:41 pm

I used to get Gtechniq applied to mine and it was excellent, but my detailer recently suggested trying Ceramic Pro which was more expensive but he was finding that it was slightly better. Three weeks on and I think it's the best protection I've seen yet. I also did my own maintenance wash and my car came up brilliantly - I took it to the detailer and even he was blown away by how well it's looking now.

If you can find one and afford it, I do recommend getting a detailer that has their own temperature controlled unit. It makes difference when there are no elements to compromise the protection AND it's given time to cure.
Sapphire black M235i - Dec 2014 - Manual - MPE - current

mat.m
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by mat.m » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:43 pm

If you want easy of application and ace results:

http://carboncollective.com/product/hyb ... ing-500ml/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcOoqWk5KbM

I've used it on my cars and I can't fault it.

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”