Tips !!

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

f20118dmsport
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Tips !!

Post by f20118dmsport » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Here's a tip for everyone......(some of you clever ones out there may have thought of this already ;-)

When you wash your car all morning, then dry and polish it and the car is looking stunning do you get p#ssed off when you come back to it in 10 minutes and underneath the wing mirror is dried water marks that have appeared from the water that has run out of the wing mirror casing.....
Well I have the answer !!
Once you have dryed your car and it is streak free, before you start to polish, press and hold look button on your remote control to fold your wing mirrors in and all the water will run out, leave it like this for a few minutes and then dry it under the mirror and then you carry on and polish your car with no worries.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Dave :thumbs:
-----------------------------------------------
F22 M240i _ Sports Auto_Mineral White_ Sun Protection_ Adaptive Suspension _Heated Seats_Driver Comfort Pack_ Folding Mirrors_5 year Service Pack.

Gone:
F20 118 d Msport
E46 320 d Msport

Jonw246
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Tips !!

Post by Jonw246 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:42 pm

I found this out the other day, manual mirrors but all the same, great little tip! I've found it loads better since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tricky401
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Tips !!

Post by Tricky401 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:23 pm

i do this but just press fold mirror switch on the door
M135 5door, mineral Grey,black Dakota , auto, comfort pack + front Pdc, pro nav, adaptive sus, adaptive LEDs, reverse cam, sunroof, shadeband, sun protection, folding mirrors, load through, heated seats. First ever auto and BMW

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”