Baby BMW Forum banner

Beading!

8K views 45 replies 16 participants last post by  Wheato120d 
#1 ·
Did my first detail on my 140i in SB late last week and finished off over the weekend.

First bit of rain in Brum today since and the car looked stunning with some lovely beading effect on the roof and bonnet.....

Pic below.

I used Carbon Collective Oracle nano coating and despite putting too much on and vigorous buffing to remove the residue (less is significantly more using that stuff) it looks pretty nice. I used a quick detailer last night to see what it's like too - Chemical Guys Hybrid v07 - simple and quick to use.

Who knew that REALLY spending hours cleaning and detailing would be so therapeutic?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

See less See more
#9 ·
If the weather hadn't been so bleddy awful up here, I'd have been out giving mine the works.

I'm not exactly renowned on here for consistently cleaning my car and probably only give it the full beans once or twice a year in the cleaning stakes.

I'm sure there used to be a 'beading picture' thread on here at one time and people competed to see who could achieve the smallest beads - some of the pictures were gorgeous. The more 'pert' the beads the better, but yours are a close runner without a doubt, though if you're obsessive about this sort of thing I reckon it'll only be a matter of time before you manage to achieve nipple-like beading.

If so, post up, as it's always nice to see what can be done.

:thumbs:

#10 ·
midlifecrisis said:
If the weather hadn't been so bleddy awful up here, I'd have been out giving mine the works.

I'm not exactly renowned on here for consistently cleaning my car and probably only give it the full beans once or twice a year in the cleaning stakes.

I'm sure there used to be a 'beading picture' thread on here at one time and people competed to see who could achieve the smallest beads - some of the pictures were gorgeous. The more 'pert' the beads the better, but yours are a close runner without a doubt, though if you're obsessive about this sort of thing I reckon it'll only be a matter of time before you manage to achieve nipple-like beading.

If so, post up, as it's always nice to see what can be done.

:thumbs:
Ha ha I will!

I'm getting all excited for my pert nipple like beads already?!?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#22 ·
Mikeyb901 said:
Mikeyb901 said:
I used cheap car plan no1 super gloss on mine and it's still beads really well after 2/3weeks :)
Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Just spent ages sourcing the thread telling peeps how to post a picture and on my return you've sussed it out - :beerchug:

Nice effect with your beading too ..... :)

#23 ·
midlifecrisis said:
Mikeyb901 said:
Mikeyb901 said:
I used cheap car plan no1 super gloss on mine and it's still beads really well after 2/3weeks :)
Just spent ages sourcing the thread telling peeps how to post a picture and on my return you've sussed it out - :beerchug:

Nice effect with your beading too ..... :)
Seen most posts say at bottom sent by tapatalk app so downloaded and tried through there. Success lol. Although apps confusing so would still like to know how to do on Web browser of phone if possible :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.