Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

2Stevo2
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Wheel Refurb

Post by 2Stevo2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:57 am

Chaps,

Looking for opinions....

My wife has recently purchased a used vehicle. Upon cleaning it for her (she aint going to do it thats for sure) i noticed that three of the wheels were spotless after using a bit of Bilt Hamber and the pressure washer.

The fourth however was still really bad with a lot of brake dust stuck to the inner drum. Gave it a good scrub and it was coming off but would have taken me ages!

I have since found out that the troublesome wheel is the only one to have been refurbed at one point in the past. Is this merely a symptom of a refurbed wheel? Or that of a badly refurbed wheel?

I only ask as if its the former I may just take it to a place i know to be done properly.

Cheers
F20 120d M-Sport Auto plus extras

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Wheel Refurb

Post by marco_polo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:03 am

It sounds like they've used a softer / less durable / more porous / non-heat treated paint. A quality refurb will almost certainly help you.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

2Stevo2
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Wheel Refurb

Post by 2Stevo2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:20 am

marco_polo wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:03 am
It sounds like they've used a softer / less durable / more porous / non-heat treated paint. A quality refurb will almost certainly help you.
That certainly makes sense, thanks buddy.

Since its just the 1 alloy and shouldnt cost too much I think ill get it refurbed.

It might be tricky choosing the right place to take it to. I know of a few but never had work done myself. Any good chains that u know of?

Or does anyone know of a good place in and around the glasgow area?
F20 120d M-Sport Auto plus extras

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”