Best ceramic.

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Jon P
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Best ceramic.

Post by Jon P » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:01 am

No I’m not after a decorative vase, but rather wanted opinions on the best ceramic car coating. There’s plenty of posts about them, there’s then lots of posts saying you’re better doing it yourself but struggling to find many that have a consistent view of a pecking order and why.
Longevity posts are generally comments like I got this coating done last month and it’s amazing - not I had this coating 2-3 years ago and my cars still pristine with almost no effort.
I 2bm wash my car but that’s about it so I want to get something done to protect my car.
Any thoughts particularly if you’ve used more than one system before.
Regards
M240i
Gone120d xdrive

Jonw246
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Best ceramic.

Post by Jonw246 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:55 am

Tried platinum paint, wasn’t impressed, then tried oracle by carbon collective which was brilliant gloss wise but only lasted about a year or so. The gtechnique range is the longest lasting consumer range product I’ve used but think that carboncollective oracle pipped it at being the glossiest finish.

Currently I’m just using angelwax enigma ceramic infused wax which is combined with their enigma shampoo and enigma quick detailer and so far has been on for the last 10,000 Miles in all the rain, snow, salt and still looks and acts brilliantly which I’d say is pretty impressive for just a “wax”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrome Dome
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Best ceramic.

Post by Chrome Dome » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:15 am

I've used C Quartz UK on a couple of cars now, great results with a life of at least 2 years if you wash it right.
Here's a link to the main distributor.

https://carpro.uk.com/collections/cquar ... quartzuk30

Ceramic coatings need a good deal of prep to get the longevity, thorough washing using a shampoo with no glossing addatives, ideally clay barring, machine polishing if your paint has swirls and scratches then degreasing with isopropyl alcohol.
F20 M135 in Estoril Blue

F32 428 in Sapphire Black - Gone
Mini JCW in Connault Green - Gone

Jon P
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Jon P » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Thanks for the reply’s. any one else thoughts. Gtechniq or Gyeon coatings etc.
M240i
Gone120d xdrive

.Griff.
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by .Griff. » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:18 pm

"Best" means different things to different people.

To me, it would be Kamikaze Collection ISM PRO but be warned it's not cheap.

More budget friendly offerings I'd consider would be Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light + EXO, Gyeon MOHS and CarPro CQuartz UK.

If you're not in a rush there are some new coatings coming recently announced at SEMA. CarPro Gliss looks interesting given its price point.
Gone - 135i M Sport DCT, Just picked up - SO M140i Shadow Edition 8ZF MPE

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”