Detailed F20 - 2 stage paint correction and protected with Gyeon MOHS

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Post Reply
User avatar
DannyF20
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Detailed F20 - 2 stage paint correction and protected with Gyeon MOHS

Post by DannyF20 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:14 am

Hi all,

I’m a new member and purchased my 2012 F20 116i in January.

I am really happy with my motor however the black paintwork had bad swirls and faint scratches in places on the paintwork and was looking a-bit dull.

I decided to get it professionally detailed and had a stage 2 paint correction completed along with a ceramic paint protection using Gyeon MOHS.

I got to say the results are amazing it has totally transformed the look of the car.

If you from the Northeast, I highly recommend Auto Clean N Gleam for you detailing needs, Michael’s work is amazing.

Checkout his Instagram @autocleanngleam

My insta @dan_b88

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalkImageImageImage-cdn.com/20180311/84f43b6062b32e490bb98b488bc00caf.jpg[/IMG]


ImageImageImage

User avatar
sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 6337
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm
Location: The Boro

Re: Detailed F20 - 2 stage paint correction and protected with Gyeon MOHS

Post by sootyvrs » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:50 am

Looking good.. Black is the worst colour to hide defects but looks fantastic when detailed..

Can I ask how much he charges?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

Chrome Dome
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:16 am

Re: Detailed F20 - 2 stage paint correction and protected with Gyeon MOHS

Post by Chrome Dome » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:12 am

That look great, most paint damage is self inflicted during washing/drying.
Stay away from the cheap gang car washes or the auto rollers. Do it yourself with the 2 bucket method, sheepskin mitt and towels to dry and you can keep it swirl free for ages.
Did your detailer give you any of Gyeon's top up solution ? Extends the life of your ceramic massively.
F20 M135 in Estoril Blue

F32 428 in Sapphire Black - Gone
Mini JCW in Connault Green - Gone

User avatar
DannyF20
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Re: Detailed F20 - 2 stage paint correction and protected with Gyeon MOHS

Post by DannyF20 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:13 pm

sootyvrs wrote:Looking good.. Black is the worst colour to hide defects but looks fantastic when detailed..

Can I ask how much he charges?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Thanks and yeah Black is a pain to keep clean.

I was originally quoted £350 for the job however as he had a new car detail delivery delayed he had a slot at short notice so discounted to £255.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
DannyF20
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Re: Detailed F20 - 2 stage paint correction and protected with Gyeon MOHS

Post by DannyF20 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Chrome Dome wrote:That look great, most paint damage is self inflicted during washing/drying.
Stay away from the cheap gang car washes or the auto rollers. Do it yourself with the 2 bucket method, sheepskin mitt and towels to dry and you can keep it swirl free for ages.
Did your detailer give you any of Gyeon's top up solution ? Extends the life of your ceramic massively.
Hi Chrome Dome,

Thanks, yeah I only use two bucket method with all my cars I have owned and never take it to the local cheap car washes, I always tell people off at work for doing just that haha

Michael also provided me with Gyeon Q2M Cure top up for extending the coatings during my regular maintenance washes Image so will keep it looking Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrome Dome
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:16 am

Re: Detailed F20 - 2 stage paint correction and protected with Gyeon MOHS

Post by Chrome Dome » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:05 pm

DannyF20 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:18 pm
Hi Chrome Dome,

Thanks, yeah I only use two bucket method with all my cars I have owned and never take it to the local cheap car washes, I always tell people off at work for doing just that haha

Michael also provided me with Gyeon Q2M Cure top up for extending the coatings during my regular maintenance washes Image so will keep it looking Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad that you know your stuff Danny, ceramic coatings give fantastic value if you look after them.
I've used CQ-UK's coatings for a while now, they give a life expectancy of 2 years, but with good washing techniques and a top up every other wash, I've seen double that before looking at machine polishing back to bare paint and re-applying.
Gyeon has a good reputation, you should be gleaming for a good while.
F20 M135 in Estoril Blue

F32 428 in Sapphire Black - Gone
Mini JCW in Connault Green - Gone

User avatar
DannyF20
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Re: Detailed F20 - 2 stage paint correction and protected with Gyeon MOHS

Post by DannyF20 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Chrome Dome wrote:
DannyF20 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:18 pm
Hi Chrome Dome,

Thanks, yeah I only use two bucket method with all my cars I have owned and never take it to the local cheap car washes, I always tell people off at work for doing just that haha

Michael also provided me with Gyeon Q2M Cure top up for extending the coatings during my regular maintenance washes Image so will keep it looking Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad that you know your stuff Danny, ceramic coatings give fantastic value if you look after them.
I've used CQ-UK's coatings for a while now, they give a life expectancy of 2 years, but with good washing techniques and a top up every other wash, I've seen double that before looking at machine polishing back to bare paint and re-applying.
Gyeon has a good reputation, you should be gleaming for a good while.
Thanks, just need a air rifle now to Keep the birds away from shitting on it haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
leeshez
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Blackburn
Contact:

Re: Detailed F20 - 2 stage paint correction and protected with Gyeon MOHS

Post by leeshez » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Wow that sure has shined up well. :).
118D, estoril blue, black dakota leather,

Post Reply

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”