Waxes, Sealants and Hybrids

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Johnny Mac
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Waxes, Sealants and Hybrids

Post by Johnny Mac » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:36 am

Planet polish wheel seal it is, ta. Your posts in this section have cost me quite a bit of money btw :lol:
N54 BMW 135i
BMW PPK, all else as God intended

Blackroc
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Blackroc » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:54 am

Johnny Mac wrote:Planet polish wheel seal it is, ta. Your posts in this section have cost me quite a bit of money btw :lol:
Ha ha! You are welcome! How are you paying my advisory fee's? ;-)

Ralf_Msport
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ralf_Msport » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:31 pm

Very informative James, thank you very much. I have always used AutoGlym Ultra Deep Shine for my car.
I want to try this C2v3 Liquid Crystal and would you say to use that first then apply my wax/polish after?

Thank you in advance.

Rich196
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Rich196 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:31 pm

Good write up thanks, So best sealant or wax for my sapphire black. I use nattys blue at the moment but the pot is looking bare/

I try to apply once a month. With the current wax. I like the wet look. I dont mind using a top up wipe on product to give it a show wet look shine. What can you recommend. I keep looking at Gtechniq exo.

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Ralf_Msport wrote:Very informative James, thank you very much. I have always used AutoGlym Ultra Deep Shine for my car.
I want to try this C2v3 Liquid Crystal and would you say to use that first then apply my wax/polish after?

Thank you in advance.
C2v3 is great value for money, £6 buys you enough product for two coats (one coat = up to 8 months protection so all good!) it will happily sit over a polish, and under a wax if you want.

I regularly use AF Tripple polish (much easier to work with that UDS you mention here, and gives a better finish) under c2v3 and it bonds in seconds to paint.

Spray product onto a panel, wipe the area you want covered with a clean microfibre, as it hazes, buff clear with a second microfibre. That's it, job done! If you get smearing (you can on black) its either because too much product used, it the initial microfibre you've used is loaded up with too much product ;-)

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Rich196 wrote:Good write up thanks, So best sealant or wax for my sapphire black. I use nattys blue at the moment but the pot is looking bare/

I try to apply once a month. With the current wax. I like the wet look. I dont mind using a top up wipe on product to give it a show wet look shine. What can you recommend. I keep looking at Gtechniq exo.
Hi Rich - depends if you want a wax based sealant (so applied like a wax) if so, get some DoDo Juice Supernatural Hybrid. It goes on like a wax, seals and behaves (huge water dispersal, beading and self cleaning properties) like a full blown sealant. Finish is amazing and is £25 at Monza Car Care for a tub. You can also get testers too for around £10 from Juicy Detailing and i4detailing.

If you want a spray sealant, see above! C2v3 is stunningly easy to use, wipe on, wipe off!! Will go on plastics, rubber, glass and wheels too!

Ralf_Msport
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ralf_Msport » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks for that. I shall consider buying the AF tripple polish as well.

Rich196
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Rich196 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Blackroc wrote:
Rich196 wrote:Good write up thanks, So best sealant or wax for my sapphire black. I use nattys blue at the moment but the pot is looking bare/

Hi Rich - depends if you want a wax based sealant (so applied like a wax) if so, get some DoDo Juice Supernatural Hybrid. It goes on like a wax, seals and behaves (huge water dispersal, beading and self cleaning properties) like a full blown sealant. Finish is amazing and is £25 at Monza Car Care for a tub. You can also get testers too for around £10 from Juicy Detailing and i4detailing.

If you want a spray sealant, see above! C2v3 is stunningly easy to use, wipe on, wipe off!! Will go on plastics, rubber, glass and wheels too!
Thank you!!

Which will make the dirt come off easiest when washing, and which will give the best glossy wet look?

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:45 pm

Rich196 wrote:
Blackroc wrote:

Thank you!!

Which will make the dirt come off easiest when washing, and which will give the best glossy wet look?
Both are great at being glossy, SNH does give the better wet look though. It takes an hour or so for it fully gas out, and that's when it's finish truly reveals itself.

C2v3 is better at speed of use, and slightly better at repelling dirt (not by much) and can be used as a QD too if watered down.

Personally, my own preference is SNH, I love the feel, look, beading and finish of It above anything else I've used.

C2v3 is a different product designed for a slightly different market and finish. Neither will disappoint though :-)
Last edited by Blackroc on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barneyrubble

Post by barneyrubble » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:45 pm

I use supernatural hybrid on my cars on James' recommendation - you wont be disappointed.

Superb finish on both the Black Saphire and Astro Black mini my wife has.
If it's got breasts or wheels - it's going to give you trouble

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:56 pm

barneyrubble wrote:I use supernatural hybrid on my cars on James' recommendation - you wont be disappointed.

Superb finish on both the Black Saphire and Astro Black mini my wife has.
I do not know anyone that's used it and not been impressed. Looks fantastic on any colour car, metallic or flat. 3-6 months protection, with deep reflections and a quality finish

Rich196
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Rich196 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Thanks both of you! I shall try the super natural hybrid next then. Any QD's that I can use to top up between uses to make it pop?

Richard

barneyrubble

Post by barneyrubble » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:53 pm

I've been using megs ultimate, but I'm finding it smears a little too much for me - I dont want to be rubbing the paintwork too hard - so I'm also looking for a better one.
If it's got breasts or wheels - it's going to give you trouble

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:11 pm

barneyrubble wrote:I've been using megs ultimate, but I'm finding it smears a little too much for me - I dont want to be rubbing the paintwork too hard - so I'm also looking for a better one.
Waxybox recently had Prima Slick QD in it, used it on Pimpins RS6 as a final touch and it was really easy to use and left a great finish. I have been using AF Finale up to now, and wasn't that impressed. Ill definitely be getting the Prima Slick though.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing ... d_699.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The previous Waxybox had Lucas Slick Mist QD in, that everyone has raved about. Not used it but its supposed to be really good -

http://www.waxyshop.co.uk/detailing-pro ... -buys.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rich196
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Rich196 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Blackroc wrote:
barneyrubble wrote:I've been using megs ultimate, but I'm finding it smears a little too much for me - I dont want to be rubbing the paintwork too hard - so I'm also looking for a better one.
Waxybox recently had Prima Slick QD in it, used it on Pimpins RS6 as a final touch and it was really easy to use and left a great finish. I have been using AF Finale up to now, and wasn't that impressed. Ill definitely be getting the Prima Slick though.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing ... d_699.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The previous Waxybox had Lucas Slick Mist QD in, that everyone has raved about. Not used it but its supposed to be really good -

http://www.waxyshop.co.uk/detailing-pro ... -buys.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for all your help!!!

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”