Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Blackroc
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Waxes, Sealants and Hybrids

Post by Blackroc » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Rich196 wrote:
Blackroc wrote:
barneyrubble wrote:I've been using megs ultimate, but I'm finding it smears a little too much for me - I dont want to be rubbing the paintwork too hard - so I'm also looking for a better one.
Waxybox recently had Prima Slick QD in it, used it on Pimpins RS6 as a final touch and it was really easy to use and left a great finish. I have been using AF Finale up to now, and wasn't that impressed. Ill definitely be getting the Prima Slick though.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing ... d_699.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The previous Waxybox had Lucas Slick Mist QD in, that everyone has raved about. Not used it but its supposed to be really good -

http://www.waxyshop.co.uk/detailing-pro ... -buys.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for all your help!!!
No probs :-)

Ratcliffe33
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ratcliffe33 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:15 pm

do you polish your car before or after waxing?
See Grace come to life

http://www.youtube.com/user/RyanRatcliffe33" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Ratcliffe33 wrote:do you polish your car before or after waxing?
Wash>clay (if needed)>polish>wax or seal

Ratcliffe33
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ratcliffe33 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Blackroc wrote:
Ratcliffe33 wrote:do you polish your car before or after waxing?
Wash>clay (if needed)>polish>wax or seal
Thanks ! What wax/sealant would you recommend for someone who isn't looking to show their car I just want to keep my car looking nice and shiny !
See Grace come to life

http://www.youtube.com/user/RyanRatcliffe33" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:56 pm

What colour is your car?

Carpro Reload is a stupidly easy, but fantastic looking spray sealant. Melrose sure the car has been polished first - but spray on, wipe with a clean microfibre covering segments of car, then buff slightly for a stunning finish that lasts for 2-3 months. Looks great!

Ratcliffe33
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ratcliffe33 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Its grey,

not sure on the actual colour but here is a link....

http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=50322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
See Grace come to life

tommm

Post by tommm » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Cheers for the informative write up!
F21 116i M Sport // Estoril Blue // Driver Comfort Package // M Sport Plus Package // Heated Front Seats // Black Gloss Grilles

Octavius

Post by Octavius » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Has anyone tried Autobrite Euphoria. It's a polish, wax and glaze in one, looks quite good for a quick detail.
MY SIGNATURE STOPPED WORKING AFTER AN UPDATE.

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Blackbmw120d wrote:Has anyone tried Autobrite Euphoria. It's a polish, wax and glaze in one, looks quite good for a quick detail.
From what I know of it (not tried it) it's the same as AF Tripple. Both are bought in from the same supplier.. ;)

Octavius

Re:

Post by Octavius » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:58 pm

Blackroc wrote:
Blackbmw120d wrote:Has anyone tried Autobrite Euphoria. It's a polish, wax and glaze in one, looks quite good for a quick detail.
From what I know of it (not tried it) it's the same as AF Tripple. Both are bought in from the same supplier.. ;)
Thanks James, I might give it a go and tell you what I think.
MY SIGNATURE STOPPED WORKING AFTER AN UPDATE.

BaV
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by BaV » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:55 pm

After reading this i am thinking of trying out a sealant for the first time as opposed to a wax on my new Estoril Blue 1er. I am thinking of either the Auto Finesse Tough Coat or GTechniq C2v3. Would any sort of polish be ok to use before these or would it have to be something special so the sealant can bond to the paintwork correctly?

Any help appreciated!

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:21 pm

BaV wrote:After reading this i am thinking of trying out a sealant for the first time as opposed to a wax on my new Estoril Blue 1er. I am thinking of either the Auto Finesse Tough Coat or GTechniq C2v3. Would any sort of polish be ok to use before these or would it have to be something special so the sealant can bond to the paintwork correctly?

Any help appreciated!
Sealants always bond better to clean paint - Auto Finesse Tough Prep was designed for this very purpose for Tough Coat to sit on top of. The up shot is that ANY sealant can effectively sit on it for maximum performance.

However, sealants like Tough Coat and c2v3 are actually not that fussy, and will sit over SRP / Auto Finesse tripple etc..without any issues at all. It will harm there longevity though, TC dropping from 4 to 2 months protection, c2v3 from 9 to about 5. So effectively halving protection lengths.

I would say that they are both so easy to use, look great with a glossy finish thats its neither here nor their as I like to reply stuff every 3 months or so anyway.. :)

Rich196
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Rich196 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Blackroc wrote:
BaV wrote:After reading this i am thinking of trying out a sealant for the first time as opposed to a wax on my new Estoril Blue 1er. I am thinking of either the Auto Finesse Tough Coat or GTechniq C2v3. Would any sort of polish be ok to use before these or would it have to be something special so the sealant can bond to the paintwork correctly?

Any help appreciated!
Sealants always bond better to clean paint - Auto Finesse Tough Prep was designed for this very purpose for Tough Coat to sit on top of. The up shot is that ANY sealant can effectively sit on it for maximum performance.

However, sealants like Tough Coat and c2v3 are actually not that fussy, and will sit over SRP / Auto Finesse tripple etc..without any issues at all. It will harm there longevity though, TC dropping from 4 to 2 months protection, c2v3 from 9 to about 5. So effectively halving protection lengths.

I would say that they are both so easy to use, look great with a glossy finish thats its neither here nor their as I like to reply stuff every 3 months or so anyway.. :)
So where does super natural hybrid sit with these facts. Will it go over fillers? and how does it affect the TC?

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:40 pm

Rich196 wrote:
Blackroc wrote:

Any help appreciated!

So where does super natural hybrid sit with these facts. Will it go over fillers? and how does it affect the TC?
SNH is a hybrid wax / sealant so will hapily sit over anything - as any wax will, with around 6 months protection (most waxes give up around 2-3 months) SNH is also quite happy sitting over a dedicated sealant like c2v3, so in theory 12 months is easily possible... :)

BaV
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by BaV » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:08 am

Blackroc wrote:

Any help appreciated!

Thanks for the help, will be ordering some new bits today!!

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”