Wheels and Tyre dressings

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Blackroc
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Wheels and Tyre dressings

Post by Blackroc » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:27 pm

Kernowlad wrote:Well the T1 has been applied - looking pretty good but my fingertips are now so slippery, I keep dropping things!
Will report on durability.
If the weather is a bit rubbish, give them a quick wipe over with a microfibre after about 5 minutes so that the excess doesn't run and turn into 'sling' on your car :)

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Kernowlad wrote:Will do!

Just to make sure, I did check your website first but couldn't see it so bought off TeaBay. I didn't miss it did I? I'll always check your site first when I need new stuff!
You didn't miss it - Gtechniq wanted me to purchase a horrific ammount of stock up front, so its not one of my suppliers....one for the future though :)

BaV
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by BaV » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:01 pm

Just looking through your website Blackroc, looking good! I'm going to put a small order in tomorow and am looking at getting maybe some CarChem Revolt for the deep cleaning of my wheels every couple of months and then some Angelwax Bilberry for the basic wash every couple of weeks. Would these both be ok for my standard M135i alloys? Is the Angelwax Bilberry safe enough to use on the standard painted surface as i dont want the alloys to dull or discolour? Or would i be better off with other products?

Thanks in advance, Richard

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi Richard - thanks for the comments regarding the site, it's still a bit work in progress, with a few tweeks here and there going on!

Your plan for deep cleaning with Revolt, and the maintaining with the Bilberry is perfectly fine, it's designed to be used on all wheel types (except stainless steel) so won't cause any issues :-)

BaV
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by BaV » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:08 pm

Blackroc wrote:Hi Richard - thanks for the comments regarding the site, it's still a bit work in progress, with a few tweeks here and there going on!

Your plan for deep cleaning with Revolt, and the maintaining with the Bilberry is perfectly fine, it's designed to be used on all wheel types (except stainless steel) so won't cause any issues :-)
Brilliant thanks for the quick reply! You will have my order soon!

HughesD03

Post by HughesD03 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Would you say Autobrite Purple Rain is safe to use on the stock M140i alloys? My using it wouldn't de-colour them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrounger
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by scrounger » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:09 pm

It will be fine.
Previous: MG F20 125i MSport, Manual, Xenons, Interior Comfort Pack
Now: AW F20 LCI 120d MSport, Sports Auto, Black Panel Display, Ferric Grey Alloys, Sun Protection Glass, Strut Brace, K&N Air Filter, H&K Tweeters and Mids

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”