Blackroc
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Interiors, Finishing Touches and Equipment

Post by Blackroc » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:18 pm

Sumner wrote:
Blackroc wrote:
Welcome to the dark side ;-)

AG interior shampoo is great for seats, carpets, mats etc.. One of the best AG products they make to be fair. Assuming you haven't bought it yet, look up AutobriteFAB - similar product as the AG one, but is more versatile and can be used on dashes, door cards, interior trim etc..and works VERY well.

The Dr Leather wipes are very highly recommended, and will indeed keep your leather clean and looking good. You can use these (or the ABFAB) on your steering wheel with no issues :-)
Thanks for the advice, yeh I have the shampoo already! I must of acquired it from my detailing days, found it searching through all my other stuff.

What are the best products for the dash? I normally just use APC diluted down and wiped with a clean cloth.

Anything else you would recommend for the interior?
APC is fine, Auto Finesse Verso is very good - I then use CarChem Clarity glass cleaner ( it contains polish too ) for dials, black gloss plastic trim, sat nav screens etc.. And then Auto Finesse Spritz to give the dash a new car finish on all the vinyl / dash areas

BMWJMR
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Interiors, Finishing Touches and Equipment

Post by BMWJMR » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:13 am

Just ordered some AF Tripple and tough coat? That a good combo for black car? 1 coat Tripple 2 coats tough coat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black 120d, stubby, window tints, 225/45/17s TR1s all round, camber pin mod, dark side lights

Sumner
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Sumner » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:21 am

Cleanyourcar have 3for2 on auto finesse products ATM so I might try out the spritz, possibly the revive too.

Can the revive be used on the standard Coupe diffuser?

Blackroc

Interiors, Finishing Touches and Equipment

Post by Blackroc » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:39 am

Sumner wrote:Cleanyourcar have 3for2 on auto finesse products ATM so I might try out the spritz, possibly the revive too.

Can the revive be used on the standard Coupe diffuser?
IIRC - the plastic valance on the coupe is a gloss rather than flat Matt finish plastic?

If that's the case, Revive won't work on it because it will wash off the finished plastic unfortunately - it won't bond to it.

Try Satin - their tyre dressing if you are after filling the 3for2 list from AF.

N52 Techie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by N52 Techie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:29 pm

What type of leather are BMW's seats; I've noticed that some products seem to say not suitable for aniline type leather!?

Rag_It

Post by Rag_It » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:44 pm

Okay, so maybe the gheyest post ever... but is there anything out there that can replicate that 'New Car' smell?!!!!

I know the magic tree have a 'New Car' smell, but wondering if as a detailing guru you can advise on the best smell when valeting a cars interior?!!

Cheers, Dave
16 Plate EB M135i Manual 3dr, HK, Comfort, and errrrr heated seats!

moraywalker

Post by moraywalker » Mon May 02, 2016 3:09 pm

Any suggestions for the plastics on the doors, and also the sensatec seats?
My plastics seem to be lighter inside the "grain" and when I clean it, it looks ok, until it dries......
I've tried scrubbing it with a nail brush and a valeters brush too, nothing too stiff, looks fine until it dries.....
I have the AF spritz, but it's not having much effect either......
HEELLLLLLPPPPPP!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”