Baby BMW Forum banner

1 Mar 08: Northern Romp

39K views 68 replies 16 participants last post by  EXgtiman 
#1 ·
Which day?
Satin Black562.50%
Body Colour - Le Mans Blue337.50%

#2 ·
Here is my suggestion for a cruise to take place on either Saturday or Sunday of the very first weekend of March 2008. My preference is for the Saturday, because it gives everyone the chance to recover on the Sunday. :D

The cruise will start from the Travelodge just off J40 of the M6 at 09:00 sharp and head off for breakfast at a nearby tea room at about 09:30. This will be followed by a gentle drive to Bowlees where we will (weather permitting) get out and stroll over to the Low Force waterfalls.

This will be followed by a drive criss-crossing the Yorkshire Dales with lunch at the (point 16 on the map).

After lunch, we will drive to either Hawes or Ingleton for a Yorkshire high tea and then head off to the end point, just off J36 of the M6. The end of the cruise will be at about 17:00, although times are subject to confirmation.

Please vote for Saturday or Sunday and make a note of your name in the thread, and also how many people you would have in your car. :wink:

Attending

Spokey - 2
tminal - 1
timmel rimmel - 2
gmcelroy - 1

Maybe

#4 ·
Saturday for me at the moment as it is a 3.5 hour drive for me from Solihull to start with so might try and organise something so that I am up in Liverpool on the Friday 29th February and drive up to Penrith on the Friday night and stay over ready for the morning!

On my original thread it appears that everyone that is interested is from the North anyhow, looks a good route though! Have you done this route before Spokey?

I guess it will put most people off from down south! :rollseyes:

Tony

#5 ·
I voted Sat but would be equally happy to go Sun. Living not so far away from most of the route, it's somewhere we often go anyway.

For those wanting a blast about, if the weather's more than half decent. this route will be very, very busy - with tourists. Little chance to safely stretch the legs...

Cheers

#6 ·
Toonman said:
For those wanting a blast about, if the weather's more than half decent. this route will be very, very busy - with tourists. Little chance to safely stretch the legs...
My routes are subject to change. :|

#7 ·
tminal said:
Saturday for me at the moment as it is a 3.5 hour drive for me from Solihull to start with so might try and organise something so that I am up in Liverpool on the Friday 29th February and drive up to Penrith on the Friday night and stay over ready for the morning!

On my original thread it appears that everyone that is interested is from the North anyhow, looks a good route though! Have you done this route before Spokey?
Parts of it, not all as one drive.

tminal said:
I guess it will put most people off from down south! :rollseyes:
:D

#9 ·
Toonman said:
I realised it was just a suggestion but I was just using my local knowledge...
That's why my routes are subject to change.

(Another reason my routes are subject to change is that the police now read websites like this and use the information they glean to sit along our routes, hoping to catch us speeding... :rollseyes: )

#10 ·
Well, as I've said, I live in the area and travel it all the time. If you want/need any advice, please ask - and I'm trying to be helpful, not score points.

Cheers

#13 ·
Right, it looks 99.9% certain that I will be in Liverpool on Friday 29th so I will be driving up on the Friday night and staying over somewhere in preparation for the meet on the Saturday morning.

Spokey, can you change me from a 'maybe' to an 'Attending' in the original post - cheers :thumbs:

#19 ·
msportmad said:
No they aren't I'm a City Fan!!
I'll get mt coat.......... :escape:

I am well qualified to be a Man U fan as I live no where near the place!! :D

#21 ·
soccer? whats that??? oh and rugby is the game where men take pleasure in grappling with each others bodies... :lol2: ok ok ok, i admit, most footy players care more about their looks than anything else, i remember watching man utd against arsenal about 2 months before beckham was given the boot (so to speak) and he missed a ball that was passed to him as he was adjusting his stupid headband... i watched MOTD that night to see if they showed it, along with 70,000 people pissing themselves laughing at him, but alas, they spared him the embaressment... :lol2:

#22 ·
Hi put me down as a possible, To meet you all at the pub (point 16) for lunch, I should be picking up my 120d in the morning so I can be there for lunch, allways assuming that it is ready on time as I havent had any firm confirmation that it will be delivered on that day.

I will be contacting the dealer as it was ordered a few weeks ago they have confirmed the speck but not the delivery date as such.

PS if you know any one that you dont like my present golf will be available for sale on that date as well.

#23 ·
EXgtiman said:
PS if you know any one that you dont like my present golf will be available for sale on that date as well.
:lol2:

If your 1er isn't ready, you can always bring the Golf. I'll drive slowly so you can keep up. :D

#24 ·
If your 1er isn't ready, you can always bring the Golf. I'll drive slowly so you can keep up.
Be carefull the golf has 210 bhp and 326ft/lbs, (not bad for a 2ltr + chip) and if its wet spins it wheels endlessly going no where, so you will need to drive slowly, I wonder if ths is why the front tyres last less that 7000miles? I will as a last resourt but I live in hope of delivery on the 1st as I am sick of taking the golf back for warrenty repairs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.