Baby BMW Forum banner

Sat 5 Apr 2008: Southern Softy

17K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  alexsquance 
#1 ·
Just so that the Southerners don't feel unduly aggrieved by the Northern Romp, make a place in your diary for Saturday, 5 April 2008 for the Southern Softy. This will be a two-part cruise, with a breakfast run starting at the Brampton Hut services at the junction of the A1 and the A14 at a brisk and sprightly 07:30 :eek2: and finishing off at the OK Diner near Tickencote on the A1. This is also where the second part of the cruise will start at 10:00 sharp!

The main cruise will stop at for lunch and traverse some agreeable scenery with a stop at another pub along the way back to the place where the breakfast run started (A1/A14 junction) early enough to allow everyone to get home in good time for a roaring night out.

Except me, I'll be knackered. :lol2:

Attending

Spokey - 2 or 3 (both)
matthewjkelly - main cruise

Maybe

#2 ·
Excellent Spokey!

A choice for all members!

Southern Softy or Northern Romp????

#6 ·
hmmm.. it would take me 3 hours or so to get there.. so i s'pose thats me out.. :(
Never mind, hope you all have fun anyway.. you'd best take some good piccies!! :D

#7 ·
Panda said:
hmmm.. it would take me 3 hours or so to get there.. so i s'pose thats me out.. :(
I have had Kentish denizens on previous cruises in the area before... :wink:

Autoroute says it's 2:40 from Folkestone and Autoroute is always conservative. :D

#8 ·
spokey said:
Panda said:
I have had Kentish denizens on previous cruises in the area before... :wink:

Autoroute says it's 2:40 from Folkestone and Autoroute is always conservative. :D
I wasn't far off with 3 hours!!! It was just a guess :D

Perhaps the others were a bit more committed! :redface:

#9 ·
I'd love to have the day out, sounds like a blast. Unfortunately I'm travelling up to Scotland on this saturday for a holiday. If I got my arse in gear could do both :bigsmile: . Then again might be a little uncomfortable with the wifes hand gripping my knackers :eek2: .

#10 ·
torus said:
I'd love to have the day out, sounds like a blast. Unfortunately I'm travelling up to Scotland on this saturday for a holiday. If I got my arse in gear could do both :bigsmile: . Then again might be a little uncomfortable with the wifes hand gripping my knackers :eek2: .
:twisted: I can tweak the route so that she'll be too green to twist your knackers! :wink:

You could come along for the dawn raid and pootle up the A1 from the breakfast stop... :idea:

#13 ·
Gosh ... are southerners all softies, then? :D

Looks like it's just you and me, matthewjkelly ... I might have to make the numbers up by inviting a few mates along. :D

#14 ·
spokey said:
:D
Hi Spokey, I did my fair share on the northern romp which was great, but I can't make this one due to other commitments.

#15 ·
tminal said:
spokey said:
:D
Hi Spokey, I did my fair share on the northern romp which was great, but I can't make this one due to other commitments.
Indeed you did! :D

I'm sure there must be other 1er owners south of the Watford gap though! :wink:

#16 ·
If anyone is still interested in coming along, can you please PM me with:
* Your forum handle
* You real name
* Your passenger's name
* Your car model
* Your car colour
* Your car's registration number
* Your mobile number

Thanks!

#17 ·
In case it might tempt anyone else to tag along, here is the menu for Saturday:

The Menu

Starters

Leek & Potato Soup

Seared Scottish Salmon with Capers, Red Onion & Baby Leaf

Rare Breed Home Cured Parma Ham & Melon

Main Courses

Roast Beef with ALL the trimmings

Wild Mushroom & Asparagus Risotto with Stilton Cheese (V)

Desserts

Hot Chocolate Fondant with Vanilla Ice Cream

Rhubarb & Raspberry Frangipane with Custard

Long Clawson Stilton

The price is £20 per person.

The food, based on previous experience, will be exceptional. :D

#18 ·
I still can't make it, but I appreciate the effort, and hope you don't get put off by a lack of applicants Spokey!!

Have fun!

:cool2:

#22 ·
Looks like you had a good cruise there spokey, well organised again I'm sure. shame I couldn't make it although I still wouldn't of been able to keep up!! :D

Its a pity no 1er's could make it! :rollseyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.