Baby BMW Forum banner

Rear Dark Line Light Kits

73K views 501 replies 145 participants last post by  cotswoldbmwmini 
#1 ·
These Dark Line kits really do give the rear end of your car a great look

There are several versions available dependant on model and vehicle spec so please give us a call on 01242 335365 with your vehicle registration or chassis number for a quote

#3 ·
RockManPop said:
Evening. Could you do me a quote on one for a M135i please? Any view on how easy they are to fit? Cheers Pete
Hi Pete,

No problem, if you can give me your reg or chassis so I can check the spec and which kit is applicable, would be appreciated

#5 ·
Lew1989 said:
whats available for BK58FBU please, thanks
Hi,

Your's would be the High version which I can currently do for £210.00 inc vat and delivery

To order please call 01452872666 and quote ref 20315

#11 ·
luke2702 said:
cotswoldbmwmini said:
luke2702 said:
Price for D8 JLG 135i m sport e82
Sorry Luke but the Alpine kit is not applicable to your vehicle
Is the dark line rear lights I am after a price for or is it called alpine kit in the trade?
DOH!!!

Sorry Luke, I had a run on Alpine kits this morning so was on an Alpine roll :lol2:

£230 including vat and delivery

This kit may require the additional loom which most people do themselves as the BMW one is £75

To order please call 01452872666 and quote ref 20705

#12 ·
Sorry Luke but the Alpine kit is not applicable to your vehicle[/quote]

Is the dark line rear lights I am after a price for or is it called alpine kit in the trade?[/quote]

DOH!!!

Sorry Luke, I had a run on Alpine kits this morning so was on an Alpine roll :lol2:

£230 including vat and delivery

This kit may require the additional loom which most people do themselves as the BMW one is £75

To order please call 01452872666 and quote ref 20705[/quote]

Thanks mate.

Anyone know if mine will need additional wiring?

#13 ·
Hi Luke,

Have a similar issue with my 08 135i, found this on an another thread that might be helpful;

"Nah, there's two versions. LED and non-LED. Forget your headlights for now. Did your car come with LCI tail lights or the older ones with the 3 LED stripes?

If you have the 3 LED stripes then you can just buy the "HIGH" version (LED) Darklines and plop them on there. No wiring or new modules or anything is required, despite what BMW will tell you.

If you already have LCI rear lights (doubt it on a 2010) then you will have to stick with the type of lights that are already on there, or mess about with wiring and modules to change them. So if you have LCI rears without the LED Celis strips then you'll have to get the non-LED Darklines (or new wiring and modules to fit the LED versions) but if you already have LCI LED rears (which come with LCI Xenon-equipped cars) then you can just swap over to the LED Darklines.

Does that answer your question? :D"

From this, I understand that by having the 3 LED stripes as tail lights it should just been a straight swap to the HIGH Darklines.

Was from the following thread, " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... &start=240

Hope this helps.

#14 ·
Sammaz said:
Hi Luke,

Have a similar issue with my 08 135i, found this on an another thread that might be helpful;

"Nah, there's two versions. LED and non-LED. Forget your headlights for now. Did your car come with LCI tail lights or the older ones with the 3 LED stripes?

If you have the 3 LED stripes then you can just buy the "HIGH" version (LED) Darklines and plop them on there. No wiring or new modules or anything is required, despite what BMW will tell you.

If you already have LCI rear lights (doubt it on a 2010) then you will have to stick with the type of lights that are already on there, or mess about with wiring and modules to change them. So if you have LCI rears without the LED Celis strips then you'll have to get the non-LED Darklines (or new wiring and modules to fit the LED versions) but if you already have LCI LED rears (which come with LCI Xenon-equipped cars) then you can just swap over to the LED Darklines.

From this, I understand that by having the 3 LED stripes as tail lights it should just been a straight swap to the HIGH Darklines.

Was from the following thread, " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... &start=240

Hope this helps.
Thanks mate, mine has the 3 strip led type so should be good for straight swap..

#15 ·
luke2702 said:
Sammaz said:
Hi Luke,

Hope this helps.
Thanks mate, mine has the 3 strip led type so should be good for straight swap..
Hey Luke

I swapped out my rear lights, straight swap but I've also got xenons as standard? You?

#16 ·
rjwojcik said:
luke2702 said:
Sammaz said:
Hi Luke,

Hope this helps.
Hey Luke

I swapped out my rear lights, straight swap but I've also got xenons as standard? You?
yeah has xenons as standard as well mate.

#19 ·
luke2702 said:
rjwojcik said:
This is the part number I ordered from Cotswolds:

B63.21.2.225.282
You got a picture of yours mate? And thanks for part number.

cotswold:- is this the part number you have quoted me on?
Just had a look but I don't have any photos. Will try and sort something out tomorrow.

#20 ·
luke2702 said:
rjwojcik said:

B63.21.2.225.282

That is most definitely the correct kit we have quoted you for

#21 ·
luke2702 said:
rjwojcik said:

B63.21.2.225.282

Hey Luke

This is as good as it get's, this morning...

#22 ·
rjwojcik said:
luke2702 said:
rjwojcik said:

B63.21.2.225.282

Hey Luke

This is as good as it get's, this morning...

Thanks mate look brilliant.

cotswoldbmwmini said:
luke2702 said:
rjwojcik said:

B63.21.2.225.282

That is most definitely the correct kit we have quoted you for
Will be in touch soon regards these thanks

#23 ·
Sammaz said:
Hi Luke,

Hope this helps.
Does anyone know if this is the same thing on 2010 LCI E87 with Halogens on the front. Rear lights look like they have 3 led strips in them between the indicator and brake section but they are the low versions?

#25 ·
Sonic1506 said:
cotswoldbmwmini is the above true for E87 as well?
With your vehicle details there is the option of low or high version, As you have halogen lights then yours would need the low version (according to BMW)

Having said that, I do know some of the guys on the forums have "made" the high version work

#26 ·
cotswoldbmwmini said:
Sonic1506 said:
cotswoldbmwmini is the above true for E87 as well?
With your vehicle details there is the option of low or high version, As you have halogen lights then yours would need the low version (according to BMW)

Having said that, I do know some of the guys on the forums have "made" the high version work
Damnit was hoping for Plug and Play. I did a search on the forum and there's a guide but it's from Pre-FL from what I saw. I'll look into it more. I DID have halogen lights ;) :lol2:.

Thanks for the reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.