Baby BMW Forum banner

Non directional track tyres

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  markhurley 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Does any one know of a non directional track tyre in or around 235/40/18 size.

Been planning on a square setup so I can swap tyres round to even up wear, but unless they are non directional i wont be able to swap lefts and rights.

#3 ·
CraigG said:
i dont think you will get anything non-directional unless you go for a full slick?
Kind of what I figured, but need to keep tyres road legal for the to/from drive. Reckon I'll go for Federal 595rsr, or Nankang ns2r, or push the boat out on a set on Yoko ad08r. Any of them I think I could run 'backwards', just don't fancy driving in the rain like that.

Not sure of the legality of doing this...

#5 ·
Just make sure you choose equal trackdays with clockwise and anti-clockwise circuits and you won't need to swap left and right tyres... problem solved ;)

#6 ·
McTrucky said:
Reckon I'll go for Federal 595rsr, or Nankang ns2r, or push the boat out on a set on Yoko ad08r.
McT,

If you go for AD08R, might be worthwhile getting in contact with Git-R2 - tagged below - on here as he has a contact for Yoko's [and maybe other brands too]. He's contact quoted me happy on an 18" staggered set for my M2 :thumbs:

BP

#7 ·
#8 ·
sootyvrs said:
Just make sure you choose equal trackdays with clockwise and anti-clockwise circuits and you won't need to swap left and right tyres... problem solved ;)
Pity circuits don't run clockwise and anti clock wise . Used to do it all the time at motocross tracks, but road circuits safety considerations kind of stop that happening.

#10 ·
McTrucky said:
sootyvrs said:
Pity circuits don't run clockwise and anti clock wise . Used to do it all the time at motocross tracks, but road circuits safety considerations kind of stop that happening.
Some do - Bedford is anti-clockwise.

Kumho Ku36
Michelin cup2
West lake RS
R888r
Kumho V70

The above are non directional from memory, there are others too.

I run a set of the westlakes in 225/40/18 all round. They're ok but won't be replacing them as Cup 2's can be had for the same money through tyre city.

I do have a contact for AD08R's but his prices aren't competitive anymore. Check tyre city for when they have their 50% off deals as they're unbeatable for price. If you're desperate for AD08R's search bankof.e.b.a.y username and give him a call. His advertised prices are open for negotiation.

#11 ·
to give you an idea what to pay - 4 x 255/35/18 AD08R's £310
4 x cup2 225/40/18 £306

I posted the prices and got flamed by some idiots on the f book page lol. Saying I was talking ****! Try and save folk some pennies and that's what happens!

This was through tyre city, I only found out about the deal through a very kind user here. As said above, the best deal I've found.

#12 ·
git-r2 said:
4 x cup2 225/40/18 £306

I posted the prices and got flamed by some idiots on the f book page lol. Saying I was talking sh*t! Try and save folk some pennies and that's what happens!

This was through tyre city, I only found out about the deal through a very kind user here. As said above, the best deal I've found.
I thought the offer was just for Black Friday? It's a shame my local Tyre City are not doing any of these deals :(

#13 ·
There was another deal in the beginning of December at tyre city Watford. Hoping they'll keep this up. Details posted p3 of the original thread.

I traveled to get mine but if you're saving £600 it's worth it.

#14 ·
sootyvrs said:
git-r2 said:
4 x cup2 225/40/18 £306

I posted the prices and got flamed by some idiots on the f book page lol. Saying I was talking sh*t! Try and save folk some pennies and that's what happens!

I thought the offer was just for Black Friday? It's a shame my local Tyre City are not doing any of these deals :(
Blimey, that's cheap! I paid just under £450 for my AD08Rs on my 130i, and I only have 205/50/17. I'll bear this in mind for replacement, or if I consider going up to 18 wheels.

#15 ·
git-r2 said:
4 x cup2 225/40/18 £306

That price on Cup2's is proper cheap !
I run Cup2's amazing tyre league's ahead of mpss , I use mine all year round and can't fault them , and they are non directional.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.