Baby BMW Forum banner

Aftermarket Alloys Opinions

4K views 63 replies 8 participants last post by  M-140i 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a BMW E82 135i 2008, and i'm looking to change the stock rims.

I have seen plenty of people running the CSL / CSL replicas, but wanted to know what else is used / out there?

I'm looking to spend approx £500 - £700 on the second hand market.

Pictures / where they were purchased from would be great. :)

Thanks!

#2 ·
Might be easier to have a search on google yourself, find a set fitted to a similar colour to your E82 and post a picture of that so we can identify them.

A bit of work involved at your end but makes it easier for us as it's a massive area of subjectiveness wheels.

Looking forward to seeing what you find.

We also have a wheel section on here with pages and pages of inspiration -
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Twenny said:
Might be easier to have a search on google yourself, find a set fitted to a similar colour to your E82 and post a picture of that so we can identify them.

A bit of work involved at your end but makes it easier for us as it's a massive area of subjectiveness wheels.

Looking forward to seeing what you find.

We also have a wheel section on here with pages and pages of inspiration -
Hi Twenny,

Yes thats probably for the best, i will have a look.

Thanks for your help bud! :D

#5 ·
I chose my VMR's because I liked them and had no bearing on who or how many people had them. Yes lots of people have CSL reps but other than BMW car meets I've rarely seen CSL reps or any reps for that matter on the road.

Your car will be unique as soon as you put your desired wheels on, don't be put off by thoughts of "following the crowd", "jumping on the bandwagon" or "seen it before" comments. Otherwise where does it all end? People who don't own a bmw could say oh yeah 'another' BMW regardless of your wheels. So it's all about your point of view.

It'll look amazing with CSL reps.

VMR v710
Cades Bern
Oz ultralegga
WSP Basel
BBS CH-R

#7 ·
Twenny said:
I chose my VMR's because I liked them and had no bearing on who or how many people had them. Yes lots of people have CSL reps but other than BMW car meets I've rarely seen CSL reps or any reps for that matter on the road.

Your car will be unique as soon as you put your desired wheels on, don't be put off by thoughts of "following the crowd", "jumping on the bandwagon" or "seen it before" comments. Otherwise where does it all end? People who don't own a bmw could say oh yeah 'another' BMW regardless of your wheels. So it's all about your point of view.

It'll look amazing with CSL reps.

VMR v710
Cades Bern
Oz ultralegga
WSP Basel
BBS CH-R

Twenny,

This looks awesome!!! :jawdrop:

Where did you get yours from? I have the coupe also.

Ill take a look at the wheels you have also mentioned.

Thanks for your help.

#9 ·
AndyBish135i said:

Not forgetting the Zito 935 either bud :wink:
Ha I actually went looking for your car Bish to find the name of them as I couldn't remember [emoji12]

I nearly said they were Vito lol

#12 ·
Hi Alex,
They are 8.5j fronts on et40 and 9.5j rears on et45.
I do get a little rub on the rear but that is down to my choice of tyres more than anything else... :wink:
Bought from BM Autosport and very happy with the service from Mark & Carrie :)

#13 ·
AndyBish135i said:
Hi Alex,
I do get a little rub on the rear but that is down to my choice of tyres more than anything else... :wink:
Pervert, you love a little rub on the rear.

Always happy to oblige [emoji12]

#16 ·
AndyBish135i said:
Hi Alex,
Cheers Andy for all the information. Top guy!! :)

I'll definitely look into these over the Xmas break!!

Thanks again.

#18 ·
#22 ·
Andy's offsets are perfect, even 2mm more extra offset would be too much, so use that as a bench mark and never go wider. If you put Andy's offsets into an app called Fittr and then you can also put in another wheel size and offset of your choice and compare.

So for example in my case I originally had some OEM 261M alloys that were front 7.5J ET 49 and my new VMR V710 were 8.5J ET45 and this is the result -

HOWEVER. This is how close my VMR front alloy was to the strut -

It's fine but closer than I'd of liked. So you need to check, double check, and even treble check lol

Or ask us and we'll do our best to help.

#23 ·
Twenny said:
Andy's offsets are perfect, even 2mm more extra offset would be too much, so use that as a bench mark and never go wider. If you put Andy's offsets into an app called Fittr and then you can also put in another wheel size and offset of your choice and compare.

So for example in my case I originally had some OEM 261M alloys that were front 7.5J ET 49 and my new VMR V710 were 8.5J ET45 and this is the result -

It's fine but closer than I'd of liked. So you need to check, double check, and even treble check lol

Twenny you legend!!!! :cool2: top top guy.

Thanks for all your info!!!!

Your car looks awesome. Just can to crack on with mine now.

Thanks again!!!!!!! :)

#24 ·
AndyBish135i said:
Alex,
If you put my specs into willtheyfit.com then you can compare other sizes/et to that...
You want something that's going to give you a little less poke ideally.
1er fitment is a minefield :banghead:
Hi Andy,

Yes I'll check this out!!
I get what you mean, yes these seem to be a minefield.
I'm used to my Honda's :lol2:
Now I've gone over to German I'm stumped haha.

Thanks for all your help mate.

#26 ·
Twenny said:

Hi mate,

I've seen some alloys for sale.

They are 18" 5x120 8.5j et40 fronts and 9.5j et42 rear

They are Dare F5 (OZ Future Style)

Will these be Ok?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.