Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Fed up with your run flats? Fancy a change of rubber?
Looking a new set of wheels? Get all your tyre/alloys info in here

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196

Raptor RR235

Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Post by Raptor RR235 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:00 pm

Used rain sports tyres for around 4 years now and always found them excellent in the wet. Even after being strongly advised not to fit them to my M135i , i got a full set fitted last week. The rear Michelin SS 'well' past their best and the Falkens offered me very little confidence. As a Wet tyre they are excellent, totally transformed the car, braking , corner speed and grip in so much better. In the summer i will go back to the SS, however for the money they are excellent and i would recommend them to anyone. I ran my mapped 95 Aero with them on all year round, average mileage on a set was 6k.

un1eash
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Post by un1eash » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:13 pm

I've used these on loads of cars now but nothing with the power of the M140i so not sure how well they'd do.
No question in the wet they are great though.

Jonw246
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Jonw246 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:07 am

420lbft on rainsports here and no issues other than fast wear, brilliant tyres for the money and no matter what else I try within a similar budget I always end up buying rainsports again to replace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boosted_Six
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Boosted_Six » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:37 pm

wow, 6K miles to kill a set of tyres?!

I'm still on the original PSS with 18k covered to date, plenty still left in them still too.

Raptor RR235

Post by Raptor RR235 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:03 pm

6k was the average on my Aero. However i did drive it hard in the dry and as a result it would simply spray the arches and bonnet with small chunks of molted Rainsports, not surprising considering its a wet tyre and a £60 a corner it was not a huge expense. One of my lads ran an tuned ST180 (240bhp) he got 4k on his fronts ! The MSS are awesome grip in the dry however in 'Sunny 'Scotland on the B roads in the wet/ice/mud in Winter, they are not for me. Once we get into warming weather i shall go back to MSS and keep the rainsports for Winter again. Great value and wow do they work well in the wet.

Return to “Tyres/Wheels”