18X8.5 ET35 18X9.5 ET Anyone running this ?

Fed up with your run flats? Fancy a change of rubber?
Looking a new set of wheels? Get all your tyre/alloys info in here

Moderators: Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196, marco_polo

Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: 18X8.5 ET35 18X9.5 ET Anyone running this ?

Post by D6EML » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Im running 18 8.5j ET35 front and rear on stock tyres . My set up is pretty stanced . I’ve had some more negative camber dialled in the rear to pull the tops in slightly for a more snug look .

Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: 18X8.5 ET35 18X9.5 ET Anyone running this ?

Post by Goon » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:58 pm

Depths_0 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:47 pm
McTrucky wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:12 pm

No offence meant. And I did apologise for the mick taking in the next post. This is largely an intelligent and constructive forum, unlike most on tinterweb, so take the odd jibe on the chin and come back stronger.

But seriously, an indication of what you are trying to do would help with recommendations.
- Improve handling?
- Improve refinement?
- Different tyre choice?
- Track day tyres?
- Drifting?
- Aggressive looks?
- Posing?
- Fit winters?
- Replace damaged OEM?
- etc...

It is easy to give recommendations, but these are utterly pointless without knowing what the end result you are chasing is. So I stand by my culinary suggestion, unless you are a vegan, in which case it was also a pointless recommendation.
It's fine just a bit frustrated with being sold a set of wheels and being assured that the only complication would possibly be brake clearance which I prepared my self for and now ending up having a £950 set of wheels for a coffee table.

I just dis-like the look of the OEM wheels thats all really.

marco_polo wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:28 pm
Have you seen these from our sponsor? Similar looking, better fit, better price. Will take the stock tyres nicely too.

http://www.bmautosport.co.uk/showroom/p ... 122_32_210
Thank you

sootyvrs wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:17 pm
Depths_0 wrote:
When you say aggressive do you mean tyre stretch?

Can either of you recommend any particular brand which fits better? All the ones I can see are pretty cheap brands or very very expensive. I have spent £950.00 on this set which is the price i'd be happy to pay.

For under a grand I think there is Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2.. There is a group buy going on on the forum if you do a search..
Another option maybe OZ Ultraleggera/Leggera/Formula or BBS CHR if you stretch your budget a little

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

I will take a look at Team Dynamics

I'm with you there, I dislike the look of the standard wheels and have been looking for a different style. I tried the AC star five off my old z4 at 18x8.5 et35 and the fronts with 225/40 tyres fitted nicely but the rears with 255/40 were rubbing immediately so I personally am looking for gloss silver wheels with an et of at least 40 to be on the safe side. Currently the ones that float my boat are the Bola B8R in gloss titanium.

Return to “Tyres/Wheels”