Baby BMW Forum banner

8.5j and 9.5j fit!

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  crp207 
#1 ·
so after a long time trying to make my mind up, I pulled the trigger on a set of apex arc8 wheels in the hope they would fit,

18 x 8.5j et45 (3mm spacer) and 18x9.5j et58 fit fantastically

fronts have a 225 tyre on currently but will go o a 245 when they are dead,

rears have a 255 tyre on

See less See more
#7 ·
Hi.

What is the thinking with the front 3mm spacer? Is that to clear the inner arch or brakes, or just to push the alloy out slightly further aesthetically?

Thanks in advance

#8 ·
MEGAginge said:
Hi.

What is the thinking with the front 3mm spacer? Is that to clear the inner arch or brakes, or just to push the alloy out slightly further aesthetically?

Thanks in advance
To ensure clearance between strut and inner wheel / tyre.

If fitting wider front tyres in the future - it might be prudent to double check inside clearance as 3mm spacer may not be sufficient to ensure clearance. 5mm -10mm spacer maybe safer.

#10 ·
Blind Pugh said:
MEGAginge said:
Hi.

Thanks in advance
To ensure clearance between strut and inner wheel / tyre.

If fitting wider front tyres in the future - it might be prudent to double check inside clearance as 3mm spacer may not be sufficient to ensure clearance. 5mm -10mm spacer maybe safer.
we test fitted a 245 tyre prior to mounting the 225's it was close but didn't rub, (225's went on due to them only being three months old), I will potentially need a wider spacer if there is any tyre distortion when cornering with 245's on, but thatll find out later on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.