The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Fed up with your run flats? Fancy a change of rubber?
Looking a new set of wheels? Get all your tyre/alloys info in here

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

User avatar
sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 5606
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm
Location: The Boro

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby sootyvrs » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:11 pm

magstaff wrote:Those ac schnitzer wheels are super nice!with 5mm spacers those must have less et than my mbdesignwheels 8.5 et43.. how low was your car?thanks for replying!any rubbing?


No rubbing with the tyres I was using.. Car is lowered on KW v1 coilovers
Image
Sadly Gone but not forgotten :(
M135i | Auto | JB4 | BCS SC | KW v1 | Advan RZ | Michelin SS 245/265 | ACS Type 3 | MP Exhaust, Interior, Mirror caps, M paddles etc...

ESvensson
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:05 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby ESvensson » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:52 pm

19x8,5" et35 with 225/35 tyres... will it fit an f20? (m140ix if that mathers)
Going to put eibach springs on... and dont want any rubbing at all... is the et to low?
m140i xdrive in order

User avatar
sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 5606
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm
Location: The Boro

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby sootyvrs » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:03 am

I was on 225 tyres on 8.5" ET38 and it was close if you look at my AC Schniter wheels posted on previous page but you may be ok (disclaimer)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Image
Sadly Gone but not forgotten :(
M135i | Auto | JB4 | BCS SC | KW v1 | Advan RZ | Michelin SS 245/265 | ACS Type 3 | MP Exhaust, Interior, Mirror caps, M paddles etc...

User avatar
Joshc219
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:00 pm
Location: Surrey

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby Joshc219 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:17 am

18x8.5 ET40 will these fit alright?
F20 EB M135i - JB4/Bastuck Race - http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=80090
Gone - Black E82 123D

hp10a10
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby hp10a10 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Are 8x18 et49 wheels suitable for both axels in F20?

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 5887
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby Blind Pugh » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:59 pm

hp10a10 wrote:Are 8x18 et49 wheels suitable for both axels in F20?

Clearance wise - OK for rear but likely inside rim will clash with front strut - may need 10mm spacer.

Depending on wheel - you may need spacers anyway to clear the brake calipers
F20 M135i EB AT with options - what a hoot !
Image Image

hp10a10
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby hp10a10 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:32 pm

Blind Pugh wrote:
hp10a10 wrote:Are 8x18 et49 wheels suitable for both axels in F20?

Clearance wise - OK for rear but likely inside rim will clash with front strut - may need 10mm spacer.

Depending on wheel - you may need spacers anyway to clear the brake calipers


Wheels I am about to get are these on size 8x18" ET49. Wondering if they are good to go or not...

http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/bmw/217

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 45736
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby marco_polo » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:23 pm

hp10a10 wrote:
Blind Pugh wrote:
hp10a10 wrote:Are 8x18 et49 wheels suitable for both axels in F20?

Clearance wise - OK for rear but likely inside rim will clash with front strut - may need 10mm spacer.

Depending on wheel - you may need spacers anyway to clear the brake calipers


Wheels I am about to get are these on size 8x18" ET49. Wondering if they are good to go or not...

http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/bmw/217

As Blind Pugh has already said, you will need 10mm spacers to clear the shock absorbers.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - 245/35 Goodyear Asym 3's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

User avatar
Stegosaurus
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 573
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 1:02 pm

Re: The Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby Stegosaurus » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:32 pm

sootyvrs wrote:
MrVix wrote:Thanks Sooty, it is those wheels but that is not my car. There is a pic of my silver M135i on here somewhere but not sure where.


Just for you :)

Image


What wheels are these? They're stunning!
F20 118d M Sport in Estoril Blue
Carbon splitter
Carbon Kidney Grills
Carbon Wing Mirror Covers
Carbon Spoiler

User avatar
sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 5606
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm
Location: The Boro

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby sootyvrs » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:56 pm

Vmr v710 19x8.5 et45 front and 19x9.5 et50 rear

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Image
Sadly Gone but not forgotten :(
M135i | Auto | JB4 | BCS SC | KW v1 | Advan RZ | Michelin SS 245/265 | ACS Type 3 | MP Exhaust, Interior, Mirror caps, M paddles etc...

SJK135
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby SJK135 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:56 pm

I'm about to buy a 135 but i feel the stock 18's and any 18's look too small on the car. I want to put some 19's on but i'll be honest, i'm pretty clueless when it comes to fitments etc - can anyone help on what i should be looking for and whether putting 19's on will cause any issues? I don't really want to tamper with much if it's not necessary

I'm looking for some wheels like these but struggling to find any online - if anyone can help with that as well it would be amazing!

http://pho.to/AQhvK/7l

http://pho.to/AQhvK/8h

http://pho.to/AQhvK/lk

http://pho.to/AQhvK/5h

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 45736
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby marco_polo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:47 pm

SJK135 wrote:I'm about to buy a 135 but i feel the stock 18's and any 18's look too small on the car. I want to put some 19's on but i'll be honest, i'm pretty clueless when it comes to fitments etc - can anyone help on what i should be looking for and whether putting 19's on will cause any issues? I don't really want to tamper with much if it's not necessary

I'm looking for some wheels like these but struggling to find any online - if anyone can help with that as well it would be amazing!

http://pho.to/AQhvK/7l

http://pho.to/AQhvK/8h

http://pho.to/AQhvK/lk

http://pho.to/AQhvK/5h

Aren't they just BMW 624m wheels? :?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - 245/35 Goodyear Asym 3's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

User avatar
AW_Dan
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1604
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby AW_Dan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:38 am

Yep, wheels in first 2 pics are 624m in black, these are the bi-colour version
Image
The last 2 pics are just Y spokes, many different types of those, I have these 18s on mine
Image



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F20 | M135i | AW | Auto | Adaptive Suspension | Pro Media | HK Audio | Sun Protection | Visibility Pack | Comfort Pack | Heated Seats | PDC F&R

MPE | Black Grilles | Splitter | H&R Springs | Carbon Mirror Covers | Dare DR X2 | JB4 | BCS HF DP

SJK135
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby SJK135 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:38 pm

As I said, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to wheels!!

I'm thinking of getting these - will these be ok without rubbing etc?

8.5x19 (Front) & 9.5x19 (Rear)

[urlhttp://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/aez/antigua/matt-black/19-inch-wider-rear#[/url]
Last edited by SJK135 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 45736
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

Postby marco_polo » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:54 pm

SJK135 wrote:As I said, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to wheels!!

I'm thinking of getting these - will these be ok without rubbing etc?

8.5x19 (Front) & 9.5x19 (Rear)

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/riva//black/19-inch-wider-rear

No, those Riva's won't fit nicely, expect rear arch contact.

Why not just go for the 624m's? They're a bog standard fit on a 1 series, and highly sought-after/resellable.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - 245/35 Goodyear Asym 3's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate


Return to “Tyres/Wheels”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest