Baby BMW Forum banner

Hall of Fame: Aftermarket Wheels and/or tyres examples

220K views 256 replies 161 participants last post by  dibbly_dobbler 
#1 ·
One popular recurring topic appears to be:

what size wheels and/or tyres can I put on my 1er?
The easy answer is stick to the OEM specs which can be found .

However, going outside these specs, especially with 19" wheels can involve a little trial and error so I would like to invite members to share their experiences and show us your aftermarket wheels and/or tyres together with your details as set out in the following example.

Don't be shy now!!! Your 1er can be forever immortalized
as a benchmark example on BabyBMW.net but please follow the format for everyone's benefit :thumbs:

Finally, please keep this thread free of discussion, if you would like to ask a question, please post .
130girl :)

See less See more
#202 ·
Sinewman1987 said:
Twenny said:
VMR v710 gun metal 18" 8.5J ET45 9.5J ET50

However, the finish isn't great and bubbles and flakes are starting to appear after only 3 months.

2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net
Real real nice. Only think missing is a few M badges here and there to let people know its a M car.
Your sarcasm is duly noted Sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#203 ·
Twenny said:
Sinewman1987 said:
Twenny said:
VMR v710 gun metal 18" 8.5J ET45 9.5J ET50

However, the finish isn't great and bubbles and flakes are starting to appear after only 3 months.

2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net
Real real nice. Only think missing is a few M badges here and there to let people know its a M car.
Your sarcasm is duly noted Sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha, yeah was taking the **** regards badges but your car is sweet. I meant that.

#207 ·
M235i Convertible 2016: New Winter Wheels & Tyres

Wheels: Wolfrace Drive 7.5Jx17 all-round 'square'
Tyres: Pirelli Winter Sottozero S3, 225/45-17
Supplier: Discount Tyre Direct, Worthing, Sussex

Discount Tyres in Worthing supplied and fitted my new winter set of wheels and tyres plus TPMS sensors, based on Wolfrace Drive and Pirelli Sottozero S3. They knew all about M-Sport brakes, so made sure that the wheels fitted before they put tyres on them.

Couple of comments: Budget for new wheel bolts to match if your new wheels are not the same grey as the originals. Make sure your fitter tries out whether the wheels fit before putting tyres on. Suppliers like Wolfrace won't take back incorrectly-sized wheels if they've had tyres fitted, even if they got the spec' wrong. The drive away will involve you getting a TPMS warning and having to reset the TPMS PSIs and temps, which can only be done while the car is moving.

#213 ·
Just ordered from bm auto sport, RIVA DTM CSL style wheels.

18x8 ET 34 with 225 40 18 tyres
18x8.5 ET 37 with 245 35 18 tyres

They fit the arches perfectly, very happy with them.

A big thanks to Mark & Carrie, fantastic customer services and they put up with all my emails and constant questions.

#217 ·
#218 ·
CraigG said:
steve1477 said:
Jase125 said:
Cheers, they are BBS CH-R 8x18 Front and 9x18 Rears
Where did you get them from? they don't have the markings around the centre, i'm looking for a set exactly like this (dont want the motorsport stamping)
They are genuine BBS CH-R from rim style. They have motorsport around the centres but they are not ingraved so not as noticeable. Am thinking of selling the wheels and tyres.

#219 ·
steve1477 said:
CraigG said:
Where did you get them from? they don't have the markings around the centre, i'm looking for a set exactly like this (dont want the motorsport stamping)
They are genuine BBS CH-R from rim style. They have motorsport around the centres but they are not ingraved so not as noticeable. Am thinking of selling the wheels and tyres.
what size tyres you running? and what tyres?

#220 ·
CraigG said:
steve1477 said:
CraigG said:
what size tyres you running? and what tyres?
standard bmw sizes, 245/35/18 rear and 215/40/18 fronts Toyo proxy sports

#223 ·
Michmash/eddie said:
Just ordered from bm auto sport, RIVA DTM CSL style wheels.

18x8 ET 34 with 225 40 18 tyres
18x8.5 ET 37 with 245 35 18 tyres

They fit the arches perfectly, very happy with them.

A big thanks to Mark & Carrie, fantastic customer services and they put up with all my emails and constant questions.

Hi - wheels look really good. With the offset of 34 on the front and the rim being an 8, how does the wheel and tyre look regarding the stance? Does it protrude much when looking side on or straight down from above? Some opinions are that an offset of 35 is border line regarding how much the wheel and tyre sticks out. From the images, it looks spot on but it is hard to tell properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.