Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Fed up with your run flats? Fancy a change of rubber?
Looking a new set of wheels? Get all your tyre/alloys info in here

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 46720
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by marco_polo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:28 pm

That looks better. :thumbs:
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

D6EML
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by D6EML » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:34 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:28 pm
That looks better. :thumbs:
Yes I wasn't sure how it would look Marco , definite improvement . How wide can I go on rubber on the rear ?
M140i / SB / AUTO / 15mm HR / CARBON SPOILER / MAXTON KIT / AUTOID CAPS / M4 COMP REPS

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7221
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by Blind Pugh » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:40 pm

D6EML wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:34 pm
marco_polo wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:28 pm
That looks better. :thumbs:
Yes I wasn't sure how it would look Marco , definite improvement . How wide can I go on rubber on the rear ?
if rears are 8.5" then max width tyre will be 255

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 46720
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by marco_polo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:41 pm

At 8.5" ET35 +camber, 245/35 is about as wide as I'd want to go.

I'd usually recommend nearer ET44 to fit a 255 on.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Tricky401
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1781
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:55 pm

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by Tricky401 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:59 pm

Looks great. Will you be at the BMW show next weekend? Would like a good look
M135 5door, mineral Grey,black Dakota , auto, comfort pack + front Pdc, pro nav, adaptive sus, adaptive LEDs, reverse cam, sunroof, shadeband, sun protection, folding mirrors, load through, heated seats. First ever auto and BMW

D6EML
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by D6EML » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Tricky401 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:59 pm
Looks great. Will you be at the BMW show next weekend? Would like a good look
Not this year mate , your new wheels arrived yet tricky ?

Dean
M140i / SB / AUTO / 15mm HR / CARBON SPOILER / MAXTON KIT / AUTOID CAPS / M4 COMP REPS

Tricky401
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1781
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:55 pm

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by Tricky401 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:35 pm

D6EML wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:08 pm
Tricky401 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:59 pm
Looks great. Will you be at the BMW show next weekend? Would like a good look
Not this year mate , your new wheels arrived yet tricky ?

Dean
nah not yet still2 weeks to go. can't sell the 405m either unless i give them away 😕
M135 5door, mineral Grey,black Dakota , auto, comfort pack + front Pdc, pro nav, adaptive sus, adaptive LEDs, reverse cam, sunroof, shadeband, sun protection, folding mirrors, load through, heated seats. First ever auto and BMW

MattM140i
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by MattM140i » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:41 pm

I've ordered the Bola CSR in bronze for my MG. Lowering it by 15mm on H&R too. Looking forward to the finished product.
Mineral Grey M140i, Manual, Coral leather, brushed aluminium trim. HK sound, heated seats, privacy glass and driver comfort pack. M performance kidney grilles, 18" Bola CSR in Matt bronze lowered on 15mm H&R springs. :spotman:

User avatar
M-140i
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by M-140i » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:20 am

I have some options in my head.

Do these fitments sound good?

FRONT:

ET40
Image
Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 5.7mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 19.7mm more than before.


ET35
Image
Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 0.7mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 24.7mm more than before.


REAR

ET40
Image
Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 5.7mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 18.4mm more than before.


ET35
Image
Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 10.7mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 23.4mm more than before.
Question: ET40 combo seems less extreme, but are 5,7mm enough to disturb the struts?
_________________________ Image140ix__________________________

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 46720
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by marco_polo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:22 am

This abortion is apparently running 19" x 8.5" ET40 fronts, so that fitment is where my money would go:

viewtopic.php?t=88442

An extra 19mm poke is going to look pretty stanced, nobody runs 20mm spacers on stock wheels.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7221
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by Blind Pugh » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:44 am

M-140i wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:20 am
Question: ET40 combo seems less extreme, but are 5,7mm enough to disturb the struts?
No - 5.7mm closer to strut is not an issue.

FYI - SootyVRS [on here white M135i] used to run 9" et50mm 265/35/18 tyres on the rear - no issues and these are 10+mm closer to the strut.

User avatar
M-140i
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by M-140i » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Blind Pugh wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:44 am
M-140i wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:20 am
Question: ET40 combo seems less extreme, but are 5,7mm enough to disturb the struts?
No - 5.7mm closer to strut is not an issue.

FYI - SootyVRS [on here white M135i] used to run 9" et50mm 265/35/18 tyres on the rear - no issues and these are 10+mm closer to the strut.
Marco & BP, thank you!
And with 8,5 ET45 to the front, I would be 10,7mm closer to the suspension strut. Still good?
_________________________ Image140ix__________________________

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 46720
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by marco_polo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:49 pm

No, that would just make contact at ET45.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7221
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by Blind Pugh » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:01 pm

M-140i wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:31 pm
Blind Pugh wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:44 am
M-140i wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:20 am
Question: ET40 combo seems less extreme, but are 5,7mm enough to disturb the struts?
No - 5.7mm closer to strut is not an issue.

FYI - SootyVRS [on here white M135i] used to run 9" et50mm 265/35/18 tyres on the rear - no issues and these are 10+mm closer to the strut.
Marco & BP, thank you!
And with 8,5 ET45 to the front, I would be 10,7mm closer to the suspension strut. Still good?
As per MP's - might be too close for comfort.

As a go-by on F2x, ACS use 8.5" et43mm front alloys without issue.

User avatar
M-140i
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Wheel option m140 NEW WHEELS ON!! PAGE 4

Post by M-140i » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Blind Pugh wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:01 pm

As per MP's - might be too close for comfort.

As a go-by on F2x, ACS use 8.5" et43mm front alloys without issue.
marco_polo wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:49 pm
No, that would just make contact at ET45.
Men, I learned more here in a month than in my hole life! :) :D
Last questions:
* I'm on H&R -25, Can I consider a mount with 235x35 front and 255x30 rear, on 8.5 x 19 ET40 rims?
The choice in 255x30 is much much bigger!!!
* Can I go non-runflat front and runflat rear?
_________________________ Image140ix__________________________

Post Reply

Return to “Tyres/Wheels”