Retrofit angel eyes to Pre-Lci e87?

Fancy some Angel Eyes, want to get rid of that yellow glow, want info on LED's, got a problem with your headlights, get your answers here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

JamesRayner

Retrofit angel eyes to Pre-Lci e87?

Post by JamesRayner » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:27 am

So I have a 2006 118d with the standard halogen headlights as follows. http://imgur.com/i2RuIi1

Firstly, I don't like the yellowish tint of the bulbs so was thinking of replacing the standard halogen bulbs with these https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Car-Lights-B ... e+hyper+h7 (because I've done my research and dont fancy blinding every other driver with some cheap HID conversion kit)

However, I'm not the biggest fan of the headlight unit itself. I want one that's black rather than chrome, but I've looked into baking the glue off and spraying the inside and it looks way more hassle than it's worth, so I was thinking of just buying a new headlight unit.

But HERE'S MY QUESTION, if I'm going to be buying a whole new unit, can I buy one that is HID Xenon rather than halogen (so I don't need to bother upgrading my existing halogen bulbs) and just plug and play, or is there more to it than that? And secondly, if i was to buy an aftermarket one from eBay or some OEM ones that have angel eyes, will the angel eyes just run whenever I turn on the sidelights or will this require a lot more work/wiring? And also, if i was to do this, will it throw up a lot of warning lights in the car too?

EDIT: If it is a lot of work to get HID Xenon's fitted then are there any good halogen headlight units out there with angel eyes that i can then change the bulbs in to the OSRAM's above?

I know I've asked a lot of questions here but if there's anyone out there who has any experience of this or who could recommend any good headlight units (I've heard a lot about DEPO?) to get would be really appreciated.
'06 Pre-Lci E87 118D M Sport| Le Mans Blue & red leather | Tinted windows | Stub Aerial | Pink fogs & side lights | Carbon fibre wing mirrios

williamo118d
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Retrofit angel eyes to Pre-Lci e87?

Post by williamo118d » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:30 pm

BMW retrofit xenon angel eye headlights will cost you £800 upwards. Not even worth the hassle. Buy some Depos or custom lights like the ones I've made.
Previous: E87 118D M Sport remapped etc.
Current: E82 120D M Sport with BBS CH wheels. Black on Black on Black.

JamesRayner

Post by JamesRayner » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:17 pm

williamo118d wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:30 pm
BMW retrofit xenon angel eye headlights will cost you £800 upwards. Not even worth the hassle. Buy some Depos or custom lights like the ones I've made.
Got a thread of the ones you've made so I could have a look?
'06 Pre-Lci E87 118D M Sport| Le Mans Blue & red leather | Tinted windows | Stub Aerial | Pink fogs & side lights | Carbon fibre wing mirrios

williamo118d
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by williamo118d » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:40 pm

Previous: E87 118D M Sport remapped etc.
Current: E82 120D M Sport with BBS CH wheels. Black on Black on Black.

Return to “Interior/Exterior Lighting”