E87 LCI Rear Lights - How to have the bars light up?

Fancy some Angel Eyes, want to get rid of that yellow glow, want info on LED's, got a problem with your headlights, get your answers here

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

jgalea324
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: E87 LCI Rear Lights - How to have the bars light up?

Post by jgalea324 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:14 am

Andre2004 wrote:I'm all set to give this ago on the weekend, hope all goes well, I'll make sure I take plenty of photo's and step by step:

Thanks, as I'm interested in doing this too. Let us know how it goes please :)
2010 E87 123d Msport - BMWP Body Kit, Front E9x M3 LCAs, Powerflex rear inserts, E81 chassis brace, Brembo brakes, 280 bhp/480nm torque (BMWP IC/DPF Delete) - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70528

Ianbrown777

Post by Ianbrown777 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:06 pm

Did you do this?

I checked with coltswold and my car will only take the low version darklines as plug and play. I have the same lights as those shown in original post and would just like to get the bars to light up when sidelights/main beam on. I understand I will need to tap into licence plate lights but wonder who can code out the halogens so I wont have the christmas tree effect? Unfortunately wibbles is a 6 hour round trip to me and wonder if anyone closer to Lancashire would be able to do this for me? (Obviously I will pay)

mat280787
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: RE: Re: E87 LCI Rear Lights - How to have the bars light up?

Post by mat280787 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:09 pm

Ianbrown777 wrote:Did you do this?

I checked with coltswold and my car will only take the low version darklines as plug and play. I have the same lights as those shown in original post and would just like to get the bars to light up when sidelights/main beam on. I understand I will need to tap into licence plate lights but wonder who can code out the halogens so I wont have the christmas tree effect? Unfortunately wibbles is a 6 hour round trip to me and wonder if anyone closer to Lancashire would be able to do this for me? (Obviously I will pay)
Wibbles does it wirelessly if you got the equipment. If not peter is in Huddersfield i think and theres a guy called mak retrofit on facebook and i believe his in essex area
Alpine white e87 120d M Sport

Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Wibbles » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:21 pm

Ianbrown777 wrote:Did you do this?

As above, get a DCAN cable from www.cable-shack.co.uk and I can do it remotely... I am extremely busy at the moment looking after a poorly wife and child so patience is needed.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here

jgalea324
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jgalea324 » Sun May 15, 2016 1:23 am

Wibbles wrote:
As above, get a DCAN cable from http://www.cable-shack.co.uk and I can do it remotely... I am extremely busy at the moment looking after a poorly wife and child so patience is needed.
Best of luck Wibbles, wish them a speedy recovery
2010 E87 123d Msport - BMWP Body Kit, Front E9x M3 LCAs, Powerflex rear inserts, E81 chassis brace, Brembo brakes, 280 bhp/480nm torque (BMWP IC/DPF Delete) - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70528

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:21 pm

Has anyone done this for an LCI car to LCI High's with a detailed how to?
| E87 M Sport | 116i LCI (2.0) | Titanium Silver | Airlift 3P | Zito 935/Ispiri CSR4/Compomotive TS701 | Pioneer/Gladen/JL Audio | Custom Exhaust/Steering Wheel | Much, much more |

Joe
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Joe » Mon May 16, 2016 6:22 pm

Sonic1506 wrote:Has anyone done this for an LCI car to LCI High's with a detailed how to?
This is how I did mine, LCI to LCI high:

Before:

Remove old lights, 3x 8mm nuts each side and disconnect plug. No pics, if you need then, stop now! Lol.

Once removed clean the light aperture.

Next up remove the plastic boot shut trim by removing 2 blanking caps then 2 Phillips screws on top and 2 plastic push fasteners on the inner face.

The wires your looking for come from the drivers side so remove the boot floor and right side carpet.

You'll now be able to see where the wires come through the car. Also while your there check your PDC control unit isn't swimming like mine was :(

You need to run a new wire from each light cluster to this point. I bought 2 spade terminal from BMW for 60p each so the snap into the connector correctly.

Connect up and pushing to connector

Next up you need to locate the brown/grey wire (right side) This is what your going to connect to.

I split back the insulation and soldered the 3 together.l adding heat shrink to protect.

Tidy the wires up and refit.

Now get get the halogens coded out.
2010 118i ///M Sport

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Tue May 17, 2016 9:02 am

Cheers Joe.
| E87 M Sport | 116i LCI (2.0) | Titanium Silver | Airlift 3P | Zito 935/Ispiri CSR4/Compomotive TS701 | Pioneer/Gladen/JL Audio | Custom Exhaust/Steering Wheel | Much, much more |

Conor118dmsport
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Conor118dmsport » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:14 am

How will i know if i have high versions or low versions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aj_mckay
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by aj_mckay » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Conor118dmsport wrote:How will i know if i have high versions or low versions?

Read back a few posts thru this thread Image
'57 Le Mans Blue 120D E87 | Style 261s
WANTED: E8x headlights - all types required, please contact me if you're selling!

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:21 pm

aj_mckay wrote:Read back a few posts thru this thread Image
Helpful :roll:.
Conor118dmsport wrote:How will i know if i have high versions or low versions?

Lows have 3 bars. High's have 4.

aj_mckay
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by aj_mckay » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:29 pm

Sonic1506 wrote:
aj_mckay wrote:Read back a few posts thru this thread Image
Helpful :roll:.
Saves a thread full of repetition mate and was meant in the nicest way possible. It's not difficult to read a couple of pages on a thread before asking something that's already been covered Image
'57 Le Mans Blue 120D E87 | Style 261s
WANTED: E8x headlights - all types required, please contact me if you're selling!

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:32 pm

aj_mckay wrote:Saves a thread full of repetition mate and was meant in the nicest way possible. It's not difficult to read a couple of pages on a thread before asking something that's already been covered Image
Just answering the question also helps :roll:.

smith-n7
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by smith-n7 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:48 pm

I've coded mine slightly different again.

The strips have been coded as normal main lights (with light sensor) so the licence plate lights are not on constantly. Lights either side of the strip are coded to come on when braking and for rear fog lights.

Reasoning behind this choice is normally DRL are the front lights only and not the rear on most cars. Seems a bit pointless to have the strips lit constantly.
24 valves, no turbo.

supercati

Post by supercati » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:40 am

I did this mod yesterday, installed LCI rear lights High with LED on my E81 LCI without xenon.

I wired them to the license plate lights, but now I have the xmas tree effect...

What should I code? I can't find a clear answer on this :| .
130i E81 2007 LHD - Sparkling Graphite Metallic / Boston Terra - CDV Delete - 135i ESD with resonator delete - LED Blacklines - RIP

130i E81 2008 LHD - LSE - Work in progress

Return to “Interior/Exterior Lighting”