Baby BMW Forum banner

BMW LED Boot Light

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Bunford 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I put a small LED festoon bulb and it gave a whiter light, but not that bright. But then I came up with what I believe is the best solution!

I bought one of these:
Then use some sticky back velcro strips to tape on the back of the light. Make sure you use the right one (the rougher side of the velcro). Then that will grip solidly into the carpet sides of the boot. I stuck mine in the 'alcove' type area just behind the passenger side rear light as first aid kit and net are on driver side. You can switch in an off and it's WAY brighter than any LED bulb you try in the factory bulb holder and also WAY cheaper and no wiring etc. Doesn't look half bad either as it's hidden in the alive area.

Also has the perk of being able to use the factory light if you don't need much light, i'r switch the light if you need to see more, and can also be removed to be a work light and/or torch if need be as it has magnets on the back too.

Win win!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.