2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  BluesHead 
#1 ·
Hi chaps got a e82 .
My dip is too low
Want to adjust this if possible.
Any help on this please..

#2 ·
Chief?

Firstly. Double check that the laden weight selector wheel next to the light switch under the steering wheel is set to zero. If it's on zero proceed lol

Secondly, we need to check you have a beam adjuster. Flip open the bonnet and check the top of the headlamp for a white 6 or 8mm Allen key slot that looks like this -

If you have this adjuster and an Allen key you're good to go.

Thirdly. This is necessary to get both beams the same height, plus you have a base point incase it goes wrong you can at least revert back to your original settings and start again. Wait till it's dark and park approx 20 feet from a blank wall, put on dipped beams. If it's a brick wall count the bricks up to the cut off point (like I did in pic below) and take a photo. Then adjust the white Allen key by turning clockwise or anti-clockwise. You'll see the beam move as you adjust. Then adjust accordingly. Sorted.

I did mine a little high and then adjusted with the caravan adjuster next to auto/sidelights switch. So I'm on selector 1

Good luck and let us know how you got on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Twenny said:
Chief?

Firstly. Double check that the laden weight selector wheel next to the light switch under the steering wheel is set to zero. If it's on zero proceed lol

Secondly, we need to check you have a beam adjuster. Flip open the bonnet and check the top of the headlamp for a white 6 or 8mm Allen key slot that looks like this -

Thirdly. This is necessary to get both beams the same height, plus you have a base point incase it goes wrong you can at least revert back to your original settings and start again. Wait till it's dark and park approx 20 feet from a blank wall, put on dipped beams. If it's a brick wall count the bricks up to the cut off point (like I did in pic below) and take a photo. Then adjust the white Allen key by turning clockwise or anti-clockwise. You'll see the beam move as you adjust. Then adjust accordingly. Sorted.

I did mine a little high and then adjusted with the caravan adjuster next to auto/sidelights switch. So I'm on selector 1

Cars with xenons don't have the roller switch near the headlight selector due to them self levelling.

#4 ·
topuphere666 said:
Twenny said:
Chief?

Cars with xenons don't have the roller switch near the headlight selector due to them self levelling.

Oh poop.

Ok then, Plan B. Fit some 19" rims on the front and then 17's on the back.

That'll get the beam level up lol

#5 ·
Twenny said:
topuphere666 said:
Twenny said:
Chief?

Oh poop.

Ok then, Plan B. Fit some 19" rims on the front and then 17's on the back.

That'll get the beam level up lol

I was gonna suggest a caravan haha

#6 ·
They still have the manual level adjuster on the actual head light though. Mine does anyway.

#8 ·
krisabf said:
They still have the manual level adjuster on the actual head light though. Mine does anyway.
Ooooooooh interesting.

Chief? Hold off buying a caravan or alloys, for now anyway lol

#11 ·
Twenny said:
Plan A - check for manual leveller

Plan B - 17 and 19 rims

Plan C - caravan

Plan D - fit coilovers just to the rear suspension and jack them right up.

....I carry a bag of cement in the boot...or indeed a dead body (but only if I have one lying around) [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.