Baby BMW Forum banner

E87 DEPO V2 angel lights.

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Twenny 
#1 ·
I have an E87 with Halogen headlights. I am looking to upgrade to DEPO V2 Angel lights. First of all I'm not sure to get the full xenons or the xenon look. Can anyone tell me what the headlight brightness and beam is like as I have heard mixed reviews.

#4 ·
Sorry not sure how I missed this thread.

You really need the HID kit for the depo V2 otherwise the light output is pretty poor. Although saying that it's better than the standard halogens lol

Light output halogens -

Light output depo V2 and HID kit -

Sadly I don't have a photo with depo V2 WITHOUT the HID kit as that would be a good comparison.

Have a look in the exterior lighting section of the forum for a decent thread on lamps, headlights and HID kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Ah yes indeed you are correct AJ, the photo of the light output above is actually an old photo of Toby's custom depos which are these ones below -

They cost £430 but unfortunately the cheap chines halo rings failed within a year and am hoping to change them over to something a little more longer lasting and reliable.

I will attempt to take a current photo with my fitted depo V2 with HID kit ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.