Baby BMW Forum banner

E87 interior dome lamp - LED

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Sonic1506 
#1 ·
#4 ·
mrc300 said:
They look like they have the same issue, the wedge section is over sized for the holder.
That's what I said previously. They're oversized which is why they're a faff to fit. I tried those ones you linked but they didn't work properly, as in the bulb wouldn't light up every single time or it would light up then go off.

#7 ·
mrc300 said:
So the conclusion is that any T10 W5W LED replacements are oversized and need some modification to make fit?
No modification needed. They push in like a normal bulb albeit with the oversized connector it's a bit more difficult and ingenuity is needed. Apart from these, I didn't find anything else that worked properly in the map lights.

#8 ·
I don't know how something so simple can be such a PITA :(

I've fitted the Phillips W5W T10 LED into the dome light and it fits nicely within the holder and lights up fine initially..... however after a period of time driving it then stops working. It starts working again when you remove the key from the ignition

Is this because they draw so little current? so it believes the bulb has failed and power to the circuit is cut until the key has been removed from the ignition lock.

#10 ·
It is clearer now, I just wish I could find some with reistors that fit. I don't want to try again to push in the T10 wedge ones I've bought because they really feel like they won't go without breaking the tiny bulb holder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.