Depo V2’s worth it?

Fancy some Angel Eyes, want to get rid of that yellow glow, want info on LED's, got a problem with your headlights, get your answers here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Jeo
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Depo V2’s worth it?

Post by Jeo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:20 pm

Thanks Twenny good find I’ve pinged them a message one of them has bad reviews on EBay so wanna check a few things.
Also waiting for approval from the ‘bank’ manager aka my wife 😆
2011 E87 120d M Sport, Space Grey, BW Chiptune Map

Jeo
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Jeo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:41 pm

Will any H7 canbus HIDS work with Depos or is there a particular brand/type of HID that’s needed?

Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Sonic1506 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:23 am

Jeo wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:41 pm
Will any H7 canbus HIDS work with Depos or is there a particular brand/type of HID that’s needed?
I think they're H1 bulbs not 100% sure.

Jeo
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Jeo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:48 am

Fitted lights thanks Twenny for the link 😊 and had them aligned, but do I need to fit the motor to adjust the headlights into the Depo’s as I didn’t swap them over?

Also H7 bulbs for Dipped and High Beams work a treat.

Bought these H7 HIDS for dipped beam. They are 5000k (nice and white) and match the LED rings. https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/premium-h ... rsion-kit/

Demos with HIDS are definitely worth it my light output has gone up significantly especially as I live by it in the sticks

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:08 am

Jeo wrote:Fitted lights thanks Twenny for the link Image and had them aligned, but do I need to fit the motor to adjust the headlights into the Depo’s as I didn’t swap them over?
Yes mate you have to swap the motors over otherwise you can’t adjust the light beam via the little wheel next to light selector switch.

When you switch on the ignition with your headlights switched on you should see the light beam go up and down, this is the motor setting the correct height.

Without the motor you’re headlights are flapping around inside lol

You need to take this out of your old headlight (turn it a quarter turn to the left) -

And take this out of the depos and put the motor in - Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

Jeo
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Jeo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:18 am

Twenny wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:08 am
Jeo wrote:Fitted lights thanks Twenny for the link Image and had them aligned, but do I need to fit the motor to adjust the headlights into the Depo’s as I didn’t swap them over?
Yes mate you have to swap the motors over otherwise you can’t adjust the light beam via the little wheel next to light selector switch.

When you switch on the ignition with your headlights switched on you should see the light beam go up and down, this is the motor setting the correct height.

You need to take this out of your old headlight (turn it a quarter turn to the left) -

I had that problem but took it to a garage who aligned lights and fixed bulbs in place with a bracket.

Wondering if I still need motors

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:23 pm

Jeo wrote:
Twenny wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:08 am

I had that problem but took it to a garage who aligned lights and fixed bulbs in place with a bracket.

Wondering if I still need motors
Huh? Well that’s not good.

Well I’d certainly park opposite a wall and with lights on see if you can adjust light beam via the little wheel - Image

If you can then maybe it’s ok, if you can’t then I think it’s an MOT fail.

P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB

Jeo
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Jeo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:27 pm

It was an MOT registered place that did them and I Definitely can’t adjust I have the motors ready to fit tomorrow... will check if I can put in the motors and adjust the beams...,

Alignment was done on the lights though for them to be MOT compliant... they’re aligned correctly I believe as they hit the same spot on my front door as the previous lights did when parked in my drive

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Jeo wrote:It was an MOT registered place that did them and I Definitely can’t adjust I have the motors ready to fit tomorrow... will check if I can put in the motors and adjust the beams...,

Alignment was done on the lights though for them to be MOT compliant... they’re aligned correctly I believe as they hit the same spot on my front door as the previous lights did when parked in my drive
Certainly needs investigating because the motors hold the beams in place. If there are no motors then maybe if you add them it could cause more problems because the motor might force something that’s now fixed solid via something that’s been retro fitted.

Proceed with caution bro.

Return to “Interior/Exterior Lighting”