Baby BMW Forum banner

Darklines low problem

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Twenny 
#1 ·
Sold a set of darklines low rear lights for a E82 in gumtree and the guy seems to be having problems with the side lights. All other lights work except the sidelights. I bought these in error thinking they were the high version with the led strip in them. I never got round to putting them in as I bought a high version with LED strip in it. (My fault for not checking before selling)

He mentioned that he had a 58 plate E82 so they should be straight fit shouldn't they? I was wondering if his car needs coding or a additional wiring loom of some sort as he mentioned that the wiring is different from the one in his car.

Thanks

#2 ·
Does he currently have the 3 strip LED rear lights?

Like these?

If yes then it is strange as that should work. Unless however the lights you sold aren't actually darkline lows but normal Celis rear LCI lights that do nothing (LED doesn't illuminate). In which case you would have a side light issue.

Possibly the DRL's need activating via Carly but I doubt it's that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Twenny said:
Does he currently have the 3 strip LED rear lights?

Like these?

If yes then it is strange as that should work. Unless however the lights you sold aren't actually darkline lows but normal Celis rear LCI lights that do nothing (LED doesn't illuminate). In which case you would have a side light issue.

Possibly the DRL's need activating via Carly but I doubt it's that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He did mention that he had a 58 plate car with led strip.

These are the lights. They look like darklines but without the LEDs in them.

Are these celi rear LCI lights? What would cause them to have a sidelight issue and can it be resolved?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.