New E82/E88 Blacklines

Fancy some Angel Eyes, want to get rid of that yellow glow, want info on LED's, got a problem with your headlights, get your answers here

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

RichCranney
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: New E82/E88 Blacklines

Post by RichCranney » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:14 pm

redwizard wrote:
RichCranney wrote:
redwizard wrote:Fine, at least it's all good now. :)

I'll be staying overnight in Yorkshire after the romp so I won't be in a hurry to get anywhere once the driving has finished.
Where abouts you staying Barrie?
Here - http://www.durkerroodshotel.co.uk/index.html - don't book online, it's cheaper if you ring them.

Booked in at Peter's for the CIC pro-nav retro-fit on the Monday. :)
Ah, so that's why Peter could only fit me in this week!

I dread to think how much you have spent on retro fits mate, lol.

redwizard

Post by redwizard » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:23 pm

RichCranney wrote:
redwizard wrote:Booked in at Peter's for the CIC pro-nav retro-fit on the Monday. :)

It's getting a bit more interesting as he has found a CIC unit with built-in DAB so now he's asking me about shark-fin aerials (has to be in TG though :D ).

Contemplating having a rear-view camera fitted, too. 8)

Hopefully all can be fitted and working on just the Monday.

Some people spend a fortune changing their cars, I just like to keep the one I have. :)
2009 E87 120dse in glorious Tahiti Green ;)
mods - BMWP power kit, black grills, LED darklines, Bimmian LEDs, pressed plates, light anthracite 222s
BMW OEM Retrofits - cruise, dynamic xenons, CIC pro-nav, DAB, combox, E91 sharkfin

RichCranney

Post by RichCranney » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:25 pm

redwizard wrote:
RichCranney wrote:
redwizard wrote:Booked in at Peter's for the CIC pro-nav retro-fit on the Monday. :)

It's getting a bit more interesting as he has found a CIC unit with built-in DAB so now he's asking me about shark-fin aerials (has to be in TG though :D ).

Contemplating having a rear-view camera fitted, too. 8)

Hopefully all can be fitted and working on just the Monday.

Some people spend a fortune changing their cars, I just like to keep the one I have. :)
Good work mate.

Let me know if you end up at a loose end, I'm only 30 mile away

glenn09

Post by glenn09 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Before i spend my hard earned cash on these could anyone please confirm they will work :)

I've got a 2009 Coupe with halogen headlights but i want to fit the new LCI rears fitted to cars with xenon headlights.

Have i read it right that they are just a straight swap on E82's?
2009 BMW E82 120D M Sport - Black Sapphire

Ryan.S
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ryan.S » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:42 pm

That's correct! Item number 63212225282 (For Xenon equipped cars) are plug and play!

Ben GT
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ben GT » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:14 am

Sorry, but after 17 pages still don't quite have what I want! I have a 2010 coupe without xenons so presume I need the none xenon ones :o how do I reprogram the LEDs to work though?
5 door 120D LCI ///M Sport + pack | Oyster Leather | Bum Toasters | Driver & Interior Comfort | Black Panel

TheRuss

Post by TheRuss » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:18 am

Nah, there's two versions. LED and non-LED. Forget your headlights for now. Did your car come with LCI tail lights or the older ones with the 3 LED stripes?

If you have the 3 LED stripes then you can just buy the "HIGH" version (LED) Darklines and plop them on there. No wiring or new modules or anything is required, despite what BMW will tell you.

If you already have LCI rear lights (doubt it on a 2010) then you will have to stick with the type of lights that are already on there, or mess about with wiring and modules to change them. So if you have LCI rears without the LED Celis strips then you'll have to get the non-LED Darklines (or new wiring and modules to fit the LED versions) but if you already have LCI LED rears (which come with LCI Xenon-equipped cars) then you can just swap over to the LED Darklines.

Does that answer your question? :D
Gone!: '65 plate F21 M135i LCI fully loaded, plus Birds suspension (paired to adaptive dampers) and Quaife differential! :(

Ben GT
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ben GT » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:33 am

TheRuss wrote:Nah, there's two versions. LED and non-LED. Forget your headlights for now. Did your car come with LCI tail lights or the older ones with the 3 LED stripes?

If you have the 3 LED stripes then you can just buy the "HIGH" version (LED) Darklines and plop them on there. No wiring or new modules or anything is required, despite what BMW will tell you.

If you already have LCI rear lights (doubt it on a 2010) then you will have to stick with the type of lights that are already on there, or mess about with wiring and modules to change them. So if you have LCI rears without the LED Celis strips then you'll have to get the non-LED Darklines (or new wiring and modules to fit the LED versions) but if you already have LCI LED rears (which come with LCI Xenon-equipped cars) then you can just swap over to the LED Darklines.

Does that answer your question? :D
I'd love to say it did but not completely up with the terminology yet :cry:

This is mine- what do I have?
5 door 120D LCI ///M Sport + pack | Oyster Leather | Bum Toasters | Driver & Interior Comfort | Black Panel

TheRuss

Post by TheRuss » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Sorry to tell you, but that's actually a Reliant Robin...

:lol:

If you turn your lights on and then get round the back and look you'll see three stripes across each light. Those are your marker lights and are lit by LEDs. Behind that are bulbs that will illuminate when you brake.

You have LED rear lights, which means you can buy the LED (HIGH) version of the Darklines. (Which are the best kind.)

All the pre-LCI (facelift) cars had LED rears, regardless of which headlights were fitted. So they can all use the nicer looking LED Darklines.

When they brought out the LCI update, only Xenon-equipped cars had LED rear lights, which is where the confusion is.

You have LED rears, so buy the LED Darklines and be happy!

Here's some encouragement...

Mine:Image
Gone!: '65 plate F21 M135i LCI fully loaded, plus Birds suspension (paired to adaptive dampers) and Quaife differential! :(

Ben GT
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ben GT » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:09 pm

Russ, you're a gent :D

If you can also link me to the part number I'll kiss you (or I won't, if you'd rather)

TheRuss

Post by TheRuss » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:20 pm

Yikes, I'm on my phone at the moment so it's a bit of a pain just to type a message, but if you can wait 'til lunch then I can find it (if Marco doesn't beat me to it).

Or just try searching "Darklines". It must be on here about a million times by now!

redwizard

Post by redwizard » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:40 pm

According to page 6 onwards in this topic the part number is 63212225282
2009 E87 120dse in glorious Tahiti Green ;)
mods - BMWP power kit, black grills, LED darklines, Bimmian LEDs, pressed plates, light anthracite 222s
BMW OEM Retrofits - cruise, dynamic xenons, CIC pro-nav, DAB, combox, E91 sharkfin

TheRuss

Post by TheRuss » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Ok, so no need to look outside this thread even! :lol:

Ben GT
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ben GT » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:21 pm

I thought as much but wanted to check.

Many thanks to both of you :spotman: :spotman: :spotman:

TheRuss

Post by TheRuss » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Just make sure you get the "HIGH" version and don't let them sell you any wiring or modules. They will tell you that you'll need that to fit them, but you don't.

Kev at Cotswolds is a good person to get them from, and he's a site sponsor.

Return to “Interior/Exterior Lighting”