Baby BMW Forum banner

Predator ICE - Angel Eyes

51K views 57 replies 18 participants last post by  jay_meeksz 
#1 ·
Currently it is unknown if the below product is suitable for the 1 Series, but contact forum member umnitza for more details.

The below pictures etc relate to their product, but not to the 1 series specifically.

Disclaimer: babybmw does not have any affiliation to this company

PLEASE KEEP ALL REFERENCES TO Predator ICE in this thread.

Any other references may be deleted by the Moderators.

Our Predator ICE is released.

DATES
Sept 29th, we will inventory, TEST, then ship, we must do a 24 hour test on 4 random samples.
Oct 1st, most units will be delivered to the first 50 buyers - New $199 pricing will be firm on that date. You have T-minus 9 days to get in at $149
Oct 10th, remaining units shipped
Oct 15th-18th, all units for pre-orders will be shipping
Oct 21st, full scale production - all orders shipped on order.

Final Production Unit will be as bright as the nearest competitor if not brighter <-- testing to follow
Final Production Unit has an encapsulated projector that aims the lights of the LED more accurately.
Final Production Unit fits with NO EFFORT and is COMPLETELY PLUG AND PLAY with no modifications
Final Production Unit allows for even brighter 5X potentially in large part to the elegant external heat sink.
Final Production Unit builds on the notion that you can install it to run like stock (via the parking light switch) or set it as DRL enabled - via the extended cables and optional wiring harness.

Challenges Overcome
We will deliver this product in 6000K.
Elegant design of external heat sink.
!!!!IT DOESN'T GET HOT!!!!

Final Production Comments
It's BETTER THAN WE EXPECTED

Comparison Photos

No HID Fogs

With HID Fogs - because the exposure was not changed between images, you'll note that the fogs are significantly brighter and thus overpower the exposure settings. In real life they are very close in color.

Original Comparison of Predator Thinline - similar to Chromium - with OE-based headlights for comparison.

Comments

The install takes less than 2 minutes on E39s.
In discussing with a tech at BMW, it is as follows:
  • E39 - Simple plug and play no headlight removal required
  • E53 - Simple plug and play no headlight removal required
  • E60 - Headlights remove via 2 bolts and jigsaw puzzle removal (no bumper removal required) somewhat dificult to install due to tight dimensions
  • E63 - No direct comparison or information at this time.
  • E65 - Similar to E60
  • E87 - No direct comparison or information at this time.

This product does not fit the E90 Sedan headlights.
We are not aware of whether it does fit: new Z4, new X3, or E90 Coupe. Those with these cars are invited to visit our facilty for a test fitment.

We have confirmed that this product is good for at least 24 straight hours of operation. We have also confirmed there is no FM radio reception issues.

Please ask any other questions you may have. Due to the delay in posting this information, we will extend the pre-order prices for 24 hours more - they end Monday night. Thank you all for those orders.

It's official, the E60 not only fits, but is totally self-enclosed and here's the key:

No FM reception problems. For that matter, no AM reception. No interference whatsoever.

No PDC interference.

No heat build up.

Straight plug and play (though headlight removal really isn't necessary, it's certainly pretty easy and makes the install 10X easier.

And now, without further ado, photos on the car. Remember, taken on a sunny day with basically direct sunlight streaming into our shop. So night photos will make it more sharp (daylight is 5500K and our product is 6000K which makes for a lack of contrast in the daytime).

The company is willing to give 3 lucky paticipants $149 SHIPPED to anywhere they live in the world in return for a writeup on how it fits the 1-series light.

Q: What happens if i dont even have xenons/angel eyes? how much mods do i need to make to my car?
A: if you do not have them, then you will have to get them first to get this product:)

See less See more
#9 ·

The Umnitza Predator ICE (Integrated Color Enhancement) angel eye system, ....

Good News:
  • Incredibly brighter output - LOOK BELOW
  • Guaranteed 0 down time
  • Same great plug and plug and play fit (adjustments are being made for X5 owners where we determined that our tabs were 1mm too tall - not wide).
  • Same great build quality
  • Same sound engineering principles for high output and upgrade potential (see below)

Incomplete items:
  • New high output requires a 2X sized controller box (it will come with DS tape initially to just install it outside the headlight or inside - E65 & E60)
  • Existing early release units and some test units still have spade connectors, but by full production in mid April, all future units will have a combination connector that will allow you to install this on your 5 series E39 then take it out and put it into a newer car if you decide to do so with complete plug and play functionality.
  • We will have a unit for the E92/E90 by the end of April with the high output.
For further information, please contact Umnitza

Competitive Breakdown
Some comments about these photos:
1) "I" is a competitor that is one of three, it's not "P" competitor - P = PIAA
2) Many comments made on the actual photos may not be readable, there are larger images available if you click on the images.
3) While difficult to quantify in pictures, if you look carefully, you'll see the output differences between the units as the output on the actual rings. In real life this difference is much more pronounced
4) Pricing - while not overtly discussed on the photos, plays a very prominent role in this as the Predator ICE 3W+ is only $199 at retail, whereas the competitor's new offering is $130 more for exactly the same output, while the higher output Predator ICE 5W system while brighter is only slightly less expensive (there may even be a discount/money back program for this product depending on timeframe availability of AMP connectors for all cars).

#10 ·

The Umnitza Predator ICE (Integrated Color Enhancement) angel eye system Version 2.0 High Output is ready for market release.

PURCHASE INFORMATION
  1. Pre-Order Code: "version2ice" <-- you may need to re-enter this code up to 3 times for it to take (software glitch). However, if you have success, you will see this:
    Coupon Redemption
    Congratulations, you have redeemed $110.74
  2. Guaranteed 0 down time - NO PDC Errors, NO FM Reception Issues, NO fitment issues (testing for 8 straight months and still going strong wired as a DRL, so usage of over 4 hours daily)
  3. New Plug and Play Connectors**
  4. Same great build quality***
  5. Same sound engineering principles***
  6. All parts are being manufactured as we speak. This offer is good for the first 100 people. ****

Details From Above - details correspond to numbers above.
  1. All orders are -pre-orders, first come, first served, and at most it will take 2 weeks for the first few to get their products and all the units will be ready by July 23rd to ship.
  2. Proper install via DRL harness (sold separately) to the ECU.
  3. New Release has 2 PnP Adapters - One for E60 Style Plugs | One for E39 Style Plugs. This allows for easy switching between cars. If you are NOT using one of the plugs, please insert the pins into the other plug per the appropriate polarity and then either zip tie the plug or tape it off.
  4. Build quality - product is made with high strength and high glass plastic ribs with aluminum housing. Includes highly polished acrylic projector for the LED.
  5. Our unit is the only 5W system on the market.
  6. We have enough to build 500 units now. All ready to go, 2 weeks delivery.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT LINKS
1)
2)
3) Video of Installation for E39 (all except the E65 7 Series are this easy, the 7 series requires a headlight removal to accomplish this).

<-- If the embedded code does not work, click this link:

Sample photos of ICE V2 on other cars:
E63 M6

E39 540i Sport

-----
All orders are pre-orders - just like our version 1 pre-order list one year ago.
Discount and Shipping Discount available only for the high output version on the web site.
All orders will ship via USPS - Domestic US and Worldwide - choose ANY shipping method you want, they will all go USPS Global Priority Mail & USPS US Priority Mail.

----
Please ask questions.
Click this to order:

#11 ·
Alright guys, I am happy to take a trial run of the blue ones - at your trial price. It is to fit a 123D.

PM me for details etc. Are these plug and play?

Thanks
Alex

#14 ·
Ah, didnt see the dating on these posts.

Ok, so I guess we have 1.5 years of customers with them fitted - any opinions? :p

#15 ·
Dont all rush...

;) Umnitza appeared to be very professional and swift in their responses - and appeared similarly swift to ship the item - so no hanging around like a muppet. Now just the muppetting around waiting for the item to arrive!

So far, impressed with the service :)

#16 ·
I just ordered these today and 15 minutes later I get an e-mail that the product is shipped! Can't wait to receive them, they look very good in pictures.

#17 ·
Product service seems ok... but still awaiting for mine... there was a minor issue with the wrong ones being sent to me - but I have now been told the correct one will be fitted.

#19 ·
Its not just that, I got sent completely the wrong colour temp - although right fitment I believe (didnt open the box, just noted colour was wrong).

To be fair Umnitza have been very quick to redress - they said to post the wrong one to CA Automotive, which I have done. Still awaiting the right ones I ordered though..

Hope that helps - just check everything is as you require before you ever sign for any delivery though....

Cheers
Alex

#20 ·
Ok, good to know. I wouldn't mind the blue angel eyes, but the local road authorities do...

#21 ·
Just wanted to say that I received mine today. Very fast delivery from overseas, can't believe it. I ordered them last thursday, and received them today!

#24 ·
Got the other half installed. Very easy plugging in with the supplied connectors, but refitting the angel eyes unit is a real pain in the ass, to get it just right. And when you finally get it right, you still need to put the headlights cover back, which is a bit tricky as well. I wonder if it's just me though. However it is worth the effort, it looks fantastic. I would recommend it to everyone especially now that dollar is so cheap for Europeans, competiting product Angelibright sells for 300 € in Finland, I paid 112 € incl shipping for Predator ICE.

edit: Got it installed now. Looks fantastic, nothing else to say. Highly recommended!

#25 ·
STILL WAITING FOR MINE...

:? :eek2: I would have been quicker making mine out of paper clips by now! Hope it arrives soon or its :band: time...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.