Angel Eyes & HID's FAQ's

Fancy some Angel Eyes, want to get rid of that yellow glow, want info on LED's, got a problem with your headlights, get your answers here

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

RHK3
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Angel Eyes & HID's FAQ's

Post by RHK3 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:06 pm

redwizard wrote:Just be aware that 55w ballasts will get a lot hotter than 35w ballasts so make sure that they can't melt anything.
Yeah I thought of that. I'll probably keep them where my current ones are, as long as they aren't close to any plastic or wiring etc
2010 Oyster Grey Metallic Megane RS 250 Cup - Leather Recaros, Xenon's, Keyless Entry & Go, Sat Nav, Electric Folding Mirrors, Induction Kit, EMP Custom Cat Back Exhaust, Decat :twisted:

eazy19852000

Post by eazy19852000 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:14 am

Anyone fancy fitting all this for me, Im confused along the whole subject on what I want, All i want is some nice looking angel eyes and decent lights.
Its blowing my mind, Maybe its because im at the end of a 12hr shift or its just not sinking in...
Will definitely want the upgrade probably would be best meeting up with someone who has done this to see the actual outcome.

Anyone nearn the Chester/Wrexham area who has this mod done?

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:13 pm

eazy19852000 wrote:Anyone fancy fitting all this for me, Im confused along the whole subject on what I want, All i want is some nice looking angel eyes and decent lights.
Its blowing my mind, Maybe its because im at the end of a 12hr shift or its just not sinking in...
Will definitely want the upgrade probably would be best meeting up with someone who has done this to see the actual outcome.

You have 3 choices:

OEM Xenon
DEPO V1 or V2
Custom (I went down this route and have custom bi-xenon projectors, led angel rings and another projector for main beam).
| E87 M Sport | 116i LCI (2.0) | Titanium Silver | Airlift 3P | Zito 935/Ispiri CSR4/Compomotive TS701 | Pioneer/Gladen/JL Audio | Custom Exhaust/Steering Wheel | Much, much more |

eazy19852000

Post by eazy19852000 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:07 am

Sonic1506 wrote:
eazy19852000 wrote:Anyone fancy fitting all this for me, Im confused along the whole subject on what I want, All i want is some nice looking angel eyes and decent lights.

You have 3 choices:

OEM Xenon
DEPO V1 or V2
Custom (I went down this route and have custom bi-xenon projectors, led angel rings and another projector for main beam).

What was the price of your custom ones?
Do you have any pics please?

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:58 pm

eazy19852000 wrote:
Sonic1506 wrote:

You have 3 choices:

OEM Xenon
DEPO V1 or V2

What was the price of your custom ones?

Do you have any pics please?
Total came to £500 (£150 for spare lights and £350 for the job). I did have my fair share of problems however and they are mostly resolved/getting resolved.

Pictures are here:

All Off:

LED Angel rings:

Dipped Beam:

Main Beam:

Light Output is the same as factory Xenons if not better. I've got a 5K HID Kit in the Dipped Beam (CANBUS Friendly). The lights are pure white (Camera couldn't pick it up properly, hence the slight tint). As mentioned I did have my own fair share of problems and seeing as I didn't see anyone with these, I wanted to give it a shot and see if it was worth it.
| E87 M Sport | 116i LCI (2.0) | Titanium Silver | Airlift 3P | Zito 935/Ispiri CSR4/Compomotive TS701 | Pioneer/Gladen/JL Audio | Custom Exhaust/Steering Wheel | Much, much more |

RHK3

Post by RHK3 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:47 pm

Did you change the projector for the dipped beam?

You also added a projector for the full beam as well?
2010 Oyster Grey Metallic Megane RS 250 Cup - Leather Recaros, Xenon's, Keyless Entry & Go, Sat Nav, Electric Folding Mirrors, Induction Kit, EMP Custom Cat Back Exhaust, Decat :twisted:

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:18 pm

RHK3 wrote:Did you change the projector for the dipped beam?

You also added a projector for the full beam as well?
They used to be Halogen lights. So they went from This:

to this:

Dipped Beam has a bi-xenon projector.
Main beam has a projector with LED bulb.

They were split and converted by http://www.headlightretrofits.org.uk/ but as mentioned I did have problems, mostly sorted out. He has great customer service even with the problems I've had.

RHK3

Post by RHK3 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Oh okay cool.. What kind of problems did you have? Condensation issues?

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:21 am

RHK3 wrote:Oh okay cool.. What kind of problems did you have? Condensation issues?
PM'd rather than thread hijack lol.

JJB

Post by JJB » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:50 pm

I'm removing my bumper as we speak to install the lights. I removed all screws, however, I am unable to pry loose the two sides of the bumper. Could I please get some advise on this step?

Dan116i

Post by Dan116i » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Pull and hope you don't break a clip. It's the only way
Now: 2006 130i with even more goodies ;)
Gone: 2008 116i with goodies :)

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:42 pm

JJB wrote:I'm removing my bumper as we speak to install the lights. I removed all screws, however, I am unable to pry loose the two sides of the bumper. Could I please get some advise on this step?
You only need to pull on the two sides to "pop" it out, then it just "falls" away, there are two bolts inside the arch that needs removing that tripped me up when I was taking my bumper off. There's also 4 or 5 behind the mesh grill on M Sports (not sure if non M Sport has the bolts in same location).

JJB

Post by JJB » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:35 pm

Well, this was awkward. I got out one of the wrong screws and that's why it did not came loose. Where did you all put your xenon wires and resistance?

rockford22
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by rockford22 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:05 pm

Sonic1506 wrote:
JJB wrote:I'm removing my bumper as we speak to install the lights. I removed all screws, however, I am unable to pry loose the two sides of the bumper. Could I please get some advise on this step?
You only need to pull on the two sides to "pop" it out, then it just "falls" away, there are two bolts inside the arch that needs removing that tripped me up when I was taking my bumper off. There's also 4 or 5 behind the mesh grill on M Sports (not sure if non M Sport has the bolts in same location).
Having just done this with an SE bumper the bolts sre in thebexact same locations, although there is no need to remove the mesh, it all comes away with the bumper.
2004 645Ci Black
Previous:
2010 123d Coupe
2010 Z4 35i DCT Space Grey
2003 Z4 3.0i Manual Black
2002 320Td Compact

Andre2004
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Andre2004 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Just for comparison i just recently changed my standard halogens for some depo's though i did pay a garage to install them and level them.

I know this isn't an exact comparison but for me i am happy with the new lights and the projection beam over the standard output beam.

Standard Halogen:

Depo with some Ultrabright bulbs i got from halfords:

Estoril Blue F20 M Sport 120D - Pro Nav/DVD/6NL/BMW Advanced Online/HBA/BMW fitted HUS/Loads of extras HK Speaker upgrade with stock stereo :(
Sapphire Black e93 LCI M Sport 320D
Montego Blue e87 LCI SE 118D - Pro HU Bluetooth/USB

Return to “Interior/Exterior Lighting”