Angel Eyes & HID's FAQ's

Fancy some Angel Eyes, want to get rid of that yellow glow, want info on LED's, got a problem with your headlights, get your answers here

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

sus
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Angel Eyes & HID's FAQ's

Post by sus » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:21 pm

If you have own halogens but just want 'angel eyes ' can the Orem lights not be split and rings installed ?
120d msport, lci,convenience pk, silver,carbon badges,gloss black grills,261's,iMapped,performance roof spoiler(not fitted yet),Osram nightbreaker bulbs,Door handle lights, pressed metal plates, professional stereo upgrade w/bluetooth&USB

Joe
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Joe » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:34 am

sus wrote:If you have own halogens but just want 'angel eyes ' can the Orem lights not be split and rings installed ?
That's what I had done. Sent them to a company called headlight retrofits.
2010 118i ///M Sport

sus
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by sus » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:58 am

Joe wrote:
That's what I had done. Sent them to a company called headlight retrofits.
That's what I think I'll end up having done
Worried about condensation with depo
Any close up pics of yours Joe ?
120d msport, lci,convenience pk, silver,carbon badges,gloss black grills,261's,iMapped,performance roof spoiler(not fitted yet),Osram nightbreaker bulbs,Door handle lights, pressed metal plates, professional stereo upgrade w/bluetooth&USB

sus
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by sus » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:57 pm

Have spoken to headlight retrofits today they will supply new lci halogen lights fitted with bi-xenon hids and Angel eyes for £720
Like this
I'm very tempted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazbmw3000

Post by dazbmw3000 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:29 pm

sus wrote:Have spoken to headlight retrofits today they will supply new lci halogen lights fitted with bi-xenon hids and Angel eyes for £720
Like this
I'm very tempted

These do look really good and would like to upgrade my newly purchased 2010 coupe with Halogen lights, but still not sure as there is mention of condensation and what about levelling and headlight wash. I would like HID and angel eyes but main reason for upgrading is light output as the halogen lights just are not that great.

Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Sonic1506 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:47 am

Be careful of condensation.
| E87 M Sport | 116i LCI (2.0) | Titanium Silver | Airlift 3P | Zito 935/Ispiri CSR4/Compomotive TS701 | Pioneer/Gladen/JL Audio | Custom Exhaust/Steering Wheel | Much, much more |

Tommo
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tommo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:17 am

I had mine done and had some condensation to begin with, but it is getting less and less each time, I guess due to the air drying out with use.
Tom

2010 C63 AMG - Milltek cat delete & factory Carbon
2006 130i M Sport - lots of goodies
2008 118d Edition ES with Msport body kit & interior

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:33 am

Tommo wrote:I had mine done and had some condensation to begin with, but it is getting less and less each time, I guess due to the air drying out with use.
I had mine done too, first on the forum to do so, second generally in the UK to do so, condensation came and never went. HRF blame the coating on the lights (PU Coating) being faulty. They will make me a brand new set, using the parts from the original set they made at a discounted price but custom lights have dropped down on my to-do list due to the issues and how much I've spent on them so far.
| E87 M Sport | 116i LCI (2.0) | Titanium Silver | Airlift 3P | Zito 935/Ispiri CSR4/Compomotive TS701 | Pioneer/Gladen/JL Audio | Custom Exhaust/Steering Wheel | Much, much more |

adam1990
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by adam1990 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:50 pm

I know people have had many issues with condensation, but even after all the recent rain we have had my HRF depos are doing well.

I could just be lucky or they might have changed their process for the split and sealing them.

After all I've got friends with company BMW's less than a month old with condensation after the recent rain in both xenon and halogens.

2009 E87 118D

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:59 pm

adam1990 wrote:I know people have had many issues with condensation, but even after all the recent rain we have had my HRF depos are doing well.

I could just be lucky or they might have changed their process for the split and sealing them.

After all I've got friends with company BMW's less than a month old with condensation after the recent rain in both xenon and halogens.

Splitting Depo's is a different process to splitting the OEM's. They can split the Depo lense from the case, with the OEM ones they can't so they cut the case and split them that way and then plastic weld them back together. They won't split OEM lense and OEM case. Granted I am probably just unlucky with mine and I used donor lights, but I didn't expect to still get condensation. People still need to be aware that condensation can still happen and probably will do so before it settles down.

ndoug
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by ndoug » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:53 pm

Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a 'how to' for splitting depos v2 headlights.
As in, is the best method to put them in the oven, what temp/how long?

I have the dreaded condensation in drivers side. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Nick
SilverE87/118dMsport/HeatedLeather/F+R Pdc/ExtStorage
DeposV2-Hids/Darklines/DpfEgrDelete/Remap

redwizard

Post by redwizard » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:51 am

All lenses will get some degree of condensation at this time of year (in the UK) due to the slightly damp and chill conditions.

It's just a factor of how quickly the condensation goes when you start driving and use the lights.

Depos are more prone to condensation than most brands, when I had them fitted (a few years ago now), I first dried them out with a hairdryer (car was in my garage at the time) and drilled a small ventilation hole in the back cover (drill upwards, you don't want water to get in....). That cut it down quite a bit but I don't think you'll ever get rid of it completely.
2009 E87 120dse in glorious Tahiti Green ;)
mods - BMWP power kit, black grills, LED darklines, Bimmian LEDs, pressed plates, light anthracite 222s
BMW OEM Retrofits - cruise, dynamic xenons, CIC pro-nav, DAB, combox, E91 sharkfin

moraywalker

Post by moraywalker » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:06 pm

I'm looking to get the depo v1's today.....as far as the terminator kits.....

Is this one suitable?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/261403335035

Many thanks

Noobie!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twenny

Angel Eyes & HID's FAQ's

Post by Twenny » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:14 pm

moraywalker wrote:I'm looking to get the depo v1's today.....as far as the terminator kits.....

Is this one suitable?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/261403335035

Many thanks

Noobie!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd speak to Toby_E82 and ask about him doing the business retro fit - for £390 you get almost OEM bi xenon super dogs dangly depo V2 with HIDS.

2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

moraywalker

Post by moraywalker » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Thanks!
I know what would be ideal, but money's a bit scarce at the mo....
eBay have a 20% off code today, so can get the depos, leds and hid at 20% off?!!!!

Return to “Interior/Exterior Lighting”