Baby BMW Forum banner

E82 Darklines

6K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  HarveyBuh 
#1 ·
Got my E82 back in January but only now deciding I'd like a change, is it possible for me too or am I stuck with the current ones I already have?

I know there is two different types was just curious if I could change to the ones with the LED lines.

These are the ones I'd prefer :D

And these are my current :|

#5 ·
I have made enquiries on this too, I think it will need the wiring adapters from BMW, they sell for something like £60-70 with delivery.

Haven't ever seen the wiring adapters on fleabay?

Retrofit wiring harness, facelift lights 1 09/2009 - 03/2011 61122219698
only together with taillights
High version

#6 ·

These are my high darklines in my 2010 E82 with halogen headlamps that were a straight plug and play when I took out the the original 3 strip LED rear lights.
However I'm confused as you already have the low version darklines so unsure what to suggest but maybe Stealth328 is right and some wiring may be needed.
Sure someone else can confirm or suggest what to next I'm sure.

2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net

#14 ·
Twenny said:

These are my high darklines in my 2010 E82 with halogen headlamps that were a straight plug and play when I took out the the original 3 strip LED rear lights.
However I'm confused as you already have the low version darklines so unsure what to suggest but maybe Stealth328 is right and some wiring may be needed.
Sure someone else can confirm or suggest what to next I'm sure.

Forgot to reply I've been too busy :(

I guess there's only one way to find out if they'll work without any extra wiring :lol2:

Cheers for the replies chaps!

#16 ·
Stealth328Ci said:
With Twennys help I just managed to get a set of Darklines so I'll try it out and let you know!
I should receive them by next week!!
I think he's gonna have problems Stealth as he already has the darklines low fitted as standard but the LED on those doesn't illuminate like mine or yours will. Here's hoping though mate.
Let us know ASAP yeah?

#17 ·
Stealth328Ci said:
With Twennys help I just managed to get a set of Darklines so I'll try it out and let you know!
unfortunately mate you will struggle to get them working as I have a 13 plate edition plus with halogen lights, I also had the darklike smoked Low version and upgraded to the HIGH version and nope they didn't work!! BUT!! Peter van der ver got them working for me!:)

#19 ·
Jackioannou737 said:
Stealth328Ci said:
unfortunately mate you will struggle to get them working as I have a 13 plate edition plus with halogen lights, I also had the darklike smoked Low version and upgraded to the HIGH version and nope they didn't work!! BUT!! Peter van der ver got them working for me!:)
The lights worked straight out off the box, no coding or wiring needed. Why do BMW make things so complicated!! LOL

All good though, the Darklines on your car look bang on!!

#20 ·
#21 ·
Stealth328Ci said:
Jackioannou737 said:
Stealth328Ci said:
The lights worked straight out off the box, no coding or wiring needed. Why do BMW make things so complicated!! LOL

All good though, the Darklines on your car look bang on!!
They worked on your halogen car? Do you have pics?

#22 ·
#26 ·
Jackioannou737 said:
Stealth328Ci said:
Sorry to bother but I've just got a 62 plate bmw e82 with halogen on with the new dark lines but without LED.
I really really want them....
What have you done to make them work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.