LED bulbs.

Fancy some Angel Eyes, want to get rid of that yellow glow, want info on LED's, got a problem with your headlights, get your answers here

Moderators: marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

leeshez
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

LED bulbs.

Post by leeshez » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:41 pm

Hi i have added some LED bulbs to the rear of the car. I have noticed whilst the engine is on the lights will flicker ever so slightly randomly whilst turned off. Does the car need coding? Thanks :).

Ian83w
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: LED bulbs.

Post by Ian83w » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:45 pm

As I've just put some leds in my high beams and they flicker if you have the iCarly app I got informed you can change turn the voltage check off. Did u get a warning on dash. If u don't have the app then yes coding will be required to turn it off
gone n55 135 cashmere silver,custom remapped 370bhp,m Bluetooth.audio streaming,7speed dct,:)
Now f32 440i MG lci hk rev cam comfort access m sport + 19" 704 orbit grey pro media sports auto Cockpit display black with oyster seats :spotman:

Ian83w
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ian83w » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:46 pm

Also is it a e series you have as f series icarly isn't out yet I don't think
gone n55 135 cashmere silver,custom remapped 370bhp,m Bluetooth.audio streaming,7speed dct,:)
Now f32 440i MG lci hk rev cam comfort access m sport + 19" 704 orbit grey pro media sports auto Cockpit display black with oyster seats :spotman:

leeshez
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by leeshez » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:52 pm

Ian83w wrote:Also is it a e series you have as f series icarly isn't out yet I don't think
Yes i have a F20 and i dont have the carly app. I do have the means to code the car but i am not sure how to do it.
Also i have not had any messages on the dash as of yet.

Ian83w
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ian83w » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:58 pm

Only person I could advise is wibbles on here send him a pm mate

xxxcorps
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by xxxcorps » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:25 pm

Your cars will need coding so that they recognise the bulbs as LED. I can advise where to look if you have a cable / E-Sys etc. If you're North-West based near to Preston I can do it for you.
Lee if you're free this Saturday I can sort it for you; you have my number...
2016 BMW M240i Sport Auto, Mineral White / Coral Red, Professional Media, Driver Comfort Package, Sun Protection Package, Harmon Kardon Loudspeaker System, Mirror Package, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 405M Wheels, Lots of M Performance Bits

Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Wibbles » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:34 pm

It needs the cold and warm bulb checks turning off.

sounds like XXXCorps has this covered.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

leeshez
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by leeshez » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:12 pm

xxxcorps wrote:Your cars will need coding so that they recognise the bulbs as LED. I can advise where to look if you have a cable / E-Sys etc. If you're North-West based near to Preston I can do it for you.
Lee if you're free this Saturday I can sort it for you; you have my number...
Many thanks for coding my car on Wednesday night. Everything is a ok :D.
:band: :spotman:

Chris5188
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Chris5188 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:17 pm

xxxcorps wrote:Your cars will need coding so that they recognise the bulbs as LED.

Could you direct me how to do this on E-Sys. I have cable and software etc.
'65 M135i LCI 3Dr Estoril Blue - Sports Auto, Pro Nav, Drivers Comfort, Sun Protection, Harman Kardon

Better asking what it does not have fitted.

xxxcorps
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by xxxcorps » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Chris5188 wrote:
xxxcorps wrote:Your cars will need coding so that they recognise the bulbs as LED.

Which bulbs are you changing Chris?
2016 BMW M240i Sport Auto, Mineral White / Coral Red, Professional Media, Driver Comfort Package, Sun Protection Package, Harmon Kardon Loudspeaker System, Mirror Package, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 405M Wheels, Lots of M Performance Bits

Chris5188
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Chris5188 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:52 pm

xxxcorps wrote:
Chris5188 wrote:

Which bulbs are you changing Chris?
Rear indicators at the moment, which are flickering every 1min with 20secs between left and right.

Looking to do Brake lights in the rear cluster too.
'65 M135i LCI 3Dr Estoril Blue - Sports Auto, Pro Nav, Drivers Comfort, Sun Protection, Harman Kardon

xxxcorps
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by xxxcorps » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:28 pm

Code the following...

FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Front-Left Turn Signal Bulb Cold Monitoring
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Front-Left Turn Signal Bulb Warm Monitoring
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_L_IS_LED aktiv Enables Front-Left LED bulb
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Front-Right Turn Signal Bulb Cold Monitoring
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Front-Right Turn Signal Bulb Warm Monitoring
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_R_IS_LED aktiv Enables Front-Right LED bulb
REM FRA_H_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Rear-Left Turn Signal Bulb Cold Monitoring
REM FRA_H_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Rear-Left Turn Signal Bulb Warm Monitoring
REM FRA_H_L_IS_LED aktiv Enables Rear-Left LED bulb
REM FRA_H_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Rear-Right Turn Signal Bulb Cold Monitoring
REM FRA_H_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Rear-Right Turn Signal Bulb Warm Monitoring
REM FRA_H_R_IS_LED aktiv Enables Rear-Right LED bulb

Also in the REM cafd follow the above methodology for the following if they appear:

AL
FL
NSW
BIX
SL
KZL single no L/R
BL_M single no L/R
SL_2
BL
BFD
NSL
RFS

Chris5188
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Chris5188 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:52 am

xxxcorps wrote:Code the following...
Thanks for this corps, much appreciated.

bart67

Post by bart67 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:28 pm

This thread has got me back to an issue i had a while ago with Led reverse light and gave up on.

I wonder if anyone has managed to get reverse lights to stop flickering.

As we only have the 1 reverse light in the M135i i ordered an extra bright cob led (canbus) which is the nuts but flickers due to the warm check.

Coded REM
RFS_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG
RFS_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG
&
RFS_L_IS_LED
RFS_R_IS_LED

Did both left and right as i couldn't work out if it was left from the front of the vehicle or the rear so coded them both as there is only 1 reverse light anyway.

No joy, still flickers every few mins with the warm check.. Ended up putting the standard bulb back in again but would love to fix it and put that bright sucker back in again... People might have a fighting chance to see when im reversing out of a parking space then...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

xxxcorps
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by xxxcorps » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:31 pm

My LED reverse lights don't flicker; go through every setting in REM using the methodology listed; you'll crack it!

Return to “Interior/Exterior Lighting”