LED bulbs.

Fancy some Angel Eyes, want to get rid of that yellow glow, want info on LED's, got a problem with your headlights, get your answers here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Chris5188
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: LED bulbs.

Post by Chris5188 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:35 am

Coded this at the weekend xxxcorps and worked like a charm cheers for the list :)

Code the FEM BODY FDL then move onto the REM, I deactivated all the cold and warm monitoring tabs and activated all the LED bulb activation.

Once REM was done coded that afterwards and well.... :spotman:
'65 M135i LCI 3Dr Estoril Blue - Sports Auto, Pro Nav, Drivers Comfort, Sun Protection, Harman Kardon

Better asking what it does not have fitted.

bart67

Post by bart67 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:57 pm

Must have missed something.. Still get a flashing reverse bulb...

Couldn't find anything valid under Fem_body
Changed under rem as above the warmcheck to nicht_activ & werte 00, and is_led to activ and werte 01...

All written okay and verified but still it flashes on warm check...

Must be doing something wrong.. Searched everywhere for rfs (which i believe is for reverse light).. Didn't want to mess with dualsp and load dump settings as these didn't seem relevant, but all others i think i have coded correctly..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

xxxcorps
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by xxxcorps » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:42 pm

Chris5188 wrote:Coded this at the weekend xxxcorps and worked like a charm cheers for the list :)

Code the FEM BODY FDL then move onto the REM, I deactivated all the cold and warm monitoring tabs and activated all the LED bulb activation.

Once REM was done coded that afterwards and well.... :spotman:
Great news and more than welcome!
2016 BMW M240i Sport Auto, Mineral White / Coral Red, Professional Media, Driver Comfort Package, Sun Protection Package, Harmon Kardon Loudspeaker System, Mirror Package, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 405M Wheels, Lots of M Performance Bits

xxxcorps
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by xxxcorps » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:43 pm

bart67 wrote:Must have missed something.. Still get a flashing reverse bulb...

Couldn't find anything valid under Fem_body
Changed under rem as above the warmcheck to nicht_activ & werte 00, and is_led to activ and werte 01...

All written okay and verified but still it flashes on warm check...

Must be doing something wrong.. Searched everywhere for rfs (which i believe is for reverse light).. Didn't want to mess with dualsp and load dump settings as these didn't seem relevant, but all others i think i have coded correctly..

These are definitely in FEM_BODY in both a 2016 F21 and a 2012 F20. Which ones exactly are still flickering that you have swapped out?

FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Front-Left Turn Signal Bulb Cold Monitoring
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Front-Left Turn Signal Bulb Warm Monitoring
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_L_IS_LED aktiv Enables Front-Left LED bulb
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Front-Right Turn Signal Bulb Cold Monitoring
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG nicht_aktiv Turns off Front-Right Turn Signal Bulb Warm Monitoring
FEM_BODY 3061 FRA_V_R_IS_LED aktiv Enables Front-Right LED bulb
2016 BMW M240i Sport Auto, Mineral White / Coral Red, Professional Media, Driver Comfort Package, Sun Protection Package, Harmon Kardon Loudspeaker System, Mirror Package, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 405M Wheels, Lots of M Performance Bits

bart67

Post by bart67 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Im only trying to get an LED reverse light working, nothing else..
On a Nov build 2013 M135i...

Any ideas more than welcome, ive reached the end of my understanding on this one... Thought i only needed to turn off warm check and enable the is_led, but there must be another hidden parameter somewhere that needs changing, darned if i can find it....

xxxcorps
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by xxxcorps » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:32 pm

You've missed doing KALTUEBERWACHUNG (cold check) to nicht_activ...

Each bulb set has 3 settings that need to be edited; one set of three for each side as follows:

KALTUEBERWACHUNG (Cold monitor). Set to nicht_activ

WARMUEBERWACHUNG (Warm monitor). Set to nicht _active

IS_LED. Set to activ

So do each L & R item in REM as follows:
e.g. BL_L & BL_R

SL2
BL
BFD
NSL
RFS

bart67

Post by bart67 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:53 pm

Might be my misunderstanding then, i thought cold check was only for when u first start (ignition on) and warm check was a constant poll at circa 5min duration..

I left cold check on as i wanted a notification if the bulb was out when i first start the car..

From your reply it seems i have to turn off all checks (cold & warm) to stop the flickering when the car is on.. Is this correct?

xxxcorps
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by xxxcorps » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:01 pm

bart67 wrote:From your reply it seems i have to turn off all checks (cold & warm) to stop the flickering when the car is on.. Is this correct?
Absolutely. Don't forget; you've told the car there's an LED bulb present so it'll let you know if it's out. Sorry I can't be more precise on which the reserve bulb setting is. I'd just go through each one until you find it. Probably when you do; post on here for whoever does this after you.
Try the RFS one first maybe...

Feeps
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Feeps » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:37 am

xxxcorps wrote:Coding
When we meet up in a few weeks I may take a cable off you and software and have a go myself at this kinda thing for when I do swap out to led bulbs. I'm a .net and Python developer so I should be able to get my head around this coding malarkey easy enough, will pester you about it in a few weeks, pick up car March 1st and andy235 and myself will come see you.
535D M Sport LCI - 3.0L N57D30T1 | 313PS | 630NM
Spec - Glacier Silver | Auto | M Sport Plus | Pro Media | VDC | Folding Mirrors | Adaptive Headlights | Electric Seats | Lumbar Support | Reversing Camera | Powered Bootlid | Load Through

xxxcorps
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by xxxcorps » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:33 pm

No problem at all; you'll breeze it.

Dan123d
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Dan123d » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:52 pm

I've done the same to the rear stop + tails. Front sidelights and fog lights, It's like a disco when my car starts up lol.

leeshez
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by leeshez » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:20 pm

xxxcorps wrote:Your cars will need coding so that they recognise the bulbs as LED. I can advise where to look if you have a cable / E-Sys etc. If you're North-West based near to Preston I can do it for you.
Lee if you're free this Saturday I can sort it for you; you have my number...
Hi mate, do you have the code for the front dipped head light bulbs? I have added led bulbs and it has error code bulb fault.
Thanks Lee.

xxxcorps
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by xxxcorps » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:22 pm

Leave it with me; I'll see if I can find it.

leeshez
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by leeshez » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:06 pm

xxxcorps wrote:Leave it with me; I'll see if I can find it.
Dont worry about it. I have put them in and a error warning message did come up. Whilst driving they dont seem to light up the road like the standard bulb, maybe i have bought cheap bulbs. So i have changed them back to the 1st set i put in.

oliverpool

Post by oliverpool » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Could I check if u can indicate which option is for which bulb? I have installed only in the rear leds for reverse, brakes and turning amber lights.

xxxcorps wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:32 pm
You've missed doing KALTUEBERWACHUNG (cold check) to nicht_activ...

Each bulb set has 3 settings that need to be edited; one set of three for each side as follows:

KALTUEBERWACHUNG (Cold monitor). Set to nicht_activ

WARMUEBERWACHUNG (Warm monitor). Set to nicht _active

IS_LED. Set to activ

So do each L & R item in REM as follows:
e.g. BL_L & BL_R

SL2
BL
BFD
NSL
RFS

Return to “Interior/Exterior Lighting”