Weird behaviour after xenon retrofit

Fancy some Angel Eyes, want to get rid of that yellow glow, want info on LED's, got a problem with your headlights, get your answers here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Arnie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Weird behaviour after xenon retrofit

Post by Arnie » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:18 pm

MichalS wrote:Ufff. Finished. Increased PWM_FL_BEI_BIXENON to 15.5V.
Is that for increased angel eyes or bixeon shutter? Let me know what setting is for angel eyes would love to increase mine aswell
2008' E82 135i

MichalS
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by MichalS » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:40 pm

Arnie wrote:
Is that for increased angel eyes or bixeon shutter? Let me know what setting is for angel eyes would love to increase mine aswell
That was for the shutter.

for AE:

1. Start NCSExpert & Load FSW PSW MAN profile.
2. Press F1 then F3 and select E89 then select CAS
3. Press F6 then F4. From the modules listed select NFRM
4. Under the word 'JOBNAME' on NCSExpert you will now have something which starts
FRM3_E89…....................................... Note all this down as you will need it later.
5. Press F4 (read ECU). A box title NETTODAT.TRC will now open - you can close this.
6. You can now close NCSExpert
7. The above should have saved you a NETTODAT.TRC file in your NCSExpert Work folder. You are now going to
change this file using NCSDummy.
8. Open NCSDummy - if it is the first time you have used it specify the path to your NCSExpert DATEN folder
9. In NCS Dummy select the following: Chassis - E89. Module - FRM3_E89.C32. FSW/PSW or Nettodata trace - the
NETTODAT.TRC file you created above.
10. If you have done this correctly a new Tab appears labelled Trace Editor. Select this.
11. You now need to amend two entries: PWM_SL_1_FKT_BL_TFL & PWM_SL_1_FKT_SL_TFL. The entries are in
alphabetical order so are easy to find.
12. For the first one mine had options wert 1 to 9 available with wert 3, 6 & 9 selected. In the second one wert 1 to
11 was available with 3, 4 & 10 selected. If you click on any of the selected ones the part you are interested in is
listed as Data in the details section (this is what sepcifies the voltage)
13. On mine the BL showed Data of 0A,D7 and the SL showed Data of 06,66.
14. To override these if you right click on one of the selected entries you are given the option to add new custom
parameters. The new custom parameter will be given the name <benutzerdefinierte> - <custom>.
15. Once added, click the box to the left to select it and this should deselect the previous 'factory' selected options
16. The Data option in details below should show as 00,00 and you can change this to any allowable entry. If you use
0C,2C you are specifying 13.7 volts . You will need to search if you need other voltages
17. Make sure this is done for both the BL and SL entries
18. Once completed click Editor Functions and Export Nettodata Trace File. You should now be able to save a
NETTODAT.MAN file.
19. You can now close NCSDummy as we have just created a new MAN file which we are going to use to code the
NRFM module.
20. Start NCSExpert & Load Revtor's NCE Expert Profile
21. Press F1 then F3 and select E89 the select CAS
22. Press F6 then F4. From the modules listed select NFRM
23. A popup window will now open and check the details to those listed in point 4. DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER IF
THEY DO NOT MATCH AS YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG.
24. Assuming above is OK click OK and press F5 (basic functions). In the popup window select
coapiCodeSgByNettoData.
25. For the CBD name make sure the correct module is already set & for Nettodatenliste enter NETTODAT.MAN (the
file you created above)
26. Click OK to start the coding job
E82 '08 120D, Black Sapphire
Retrofitted: Prof. HU, MULF2 + USB + Bluetooth, PDC Front and Back, Logic 7, Xenon front, black lines back.
To Go: Electric Heated seats, 335D engine + exhaust + gearbox + diff, sport brakes and suspension.

MichalS
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by MichalS » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:42 pm

0l0dom0l0 wrote:
MichalS wrote:Increased voltage for angel eyes for brighter rings - only works on FRM3
Xenon retrofit possible on FRM2 NSW (expcept making angel eyes brighter)Michael
Are you sure?

Because I've coded mine brighter on my 2007 130i LE, and I'd be amazed if this is a FRM 3.
It did not work for me with FRM2 NSW - this FRM is for basic halos and Nebelscheinwerfer (NSW) - forg lights.it might not have guts for increasing voltage capability...
Retrofitted: Prof. HU, MULF2 + USB + Bluetooth, PDC Front and Back, Logic 7, Xenon front, black lines back.
To Go: Electric Heated seats, 335D engine + exhaust + gearbox + diff, sport brakes and suspension.

0l0dom0l0
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by 0l0dom0l0 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:36 pm

MichalS wrote:
0l0dom0l0 wrote:
MichalS wrote:Increased voltage for angel eyes for brighter rings - only works on FRM3
Xenon retrofit possible on FRM2 NSW (expcept making angel eyes brighter)Michael
Are you sure?

Because I've coded mine brighter on my 2007 130i LE, and I'd be amazed if this is a FRM 3.
It did not work for me with FRM2 NSW - this FRM is for basic halos and Nebelscheinwerfer (NSW) - forg lights.it might not have guts for increasing voltage capability...
Got it.

I know that when using the carly app there a few different options for doing this depending on the car. Maybe there is another setting somewhere?

Anyway good job on fixing the othe stuff.
2007 130i LE - BMWP Exhaust, Strut Brace, Air Filter, Short Shift kit and Handbrake.
B12 KIT with M3 LCA and TS.
Plus Cruise Control, Digital Speedo, CDV Delete, Camber Pin Mod, OEM LED Numberplate Lights, Brighter Non-dimming OEM Angel Eyes.

srohang1

Post by srohang1 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:05 am

Hi,

How did you increase the voltage to the shutter? Did you change the wert values or did you have to edit the nettodat file? I have a e90 and my shutter shakes when I put on my high beams. I've looked at NCS dummy to see options, for PWM_FL_BEI_BIXENON and I have wert 01, 02 and 03. Its currently set at wert 01. The other options dont show a voltage in NCS dummy, so I would like to know how you did it.

Thanks!

Everything is working now.

SO to sum up:

Third stop light - issue with the plug - pins 40 (third stop light) and 41 (HIGH Beam) connecting somehow within the plug.
Flash with Halogen - not possible on LCI regular xenon
Flash with BI-Xenon - make sure proper voltage on the shutter. Make sure ground wire from pin 2 is connected good to the bonnet.
Increased voltage for angel eyes for brighter rings - only works on FRM3
Xenon retrofit possible on FRM2 NSW (expcept making angel eyes brighter)

Thanks everyone for help!

BTW i have FRM2 NSW and FRM3 XE for sale. Both working well.

Michael

MichalS
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by MichalS » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:34 am

srohang1 wrote:Hi,

How did you increase the voltage to the shutter? Did you change the wert values or did you have to edit the nettodat file? I have a e90 and my shutter shakes when I put on my high beams. I've looked at NCS dummy to see options, for PWM_FL_BEI_BIXENON and I have wert 01, 02 and 03. Its currently set at wert 01. The other options dont show a voltage in NCS dummy, so I would like to know how you did it.

Thanks!

Everything is working now.

SO to sum up:

Third stop light - issue with the plug - pins 40 (third stop light) and 41 (HIGH Beam) connecting somehow within the plug.
Flash with Halogen - not possible on LCI regular xenon
Flash with BI-Xenon - make sure proper voltage on the shutter. Make sure ground wire from pin 2 is connected good to the bonnet.
Increased voltage for angel eyes for brighter rings - only works on FRM3
Xenon retrofit possible on FRM2 NSW (expcept making angel eyes brighter)

Thanks everyone for help!

BTW i have FRM2 NSW and FRM3 XE for sale. Both working well.

Michael

I used nettodat file

Eddy Ranks

Post by Eddy Ranks » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:02 am

Hi All,

I am doing a similar conversion with a pre lci 05 e87 118i with xenons. My xenons used a separate bulb beneath the headlight for halo's and the inner light had a H7 used for high beam and flash to pass.

I have swapped these light out for lci xenons with LED eyebrow. low beam xenon and indicators work fine. However there was a high beam error and the halos (h8 bulb) would go off shortly after turning on. flash with with xenons on works fine however flash to pass when lights are off does not work.

Issues i have fixed:

Coded out bulb check for high beams, installed LED angel eyes (these stay on).

Issue not resolve:

Flash to pass when lights are off will not work. I have moved pin 6 to pin 5 but xenons do not light and i can hear the shutter opening and closing. Placed pin 5 back to original location (Pin 6) and no sound of shutter or lights. Coded flash with xenons only and i can now hear the shutter even in the original pin 5 position but no lights!!!

Appreciate all help guys as this is my only issue. I will be researching on the halogen FTP as this is new to me and also increasing voltage to shutter. BTW my frm reads frmfa.c11 which seems to suggest early frm1 XE. My last resort is going to frm2 or 3. can someone send/pm me a trace of the FRM with xenons so that i can do some comparisons.

Thanks in advance guys.

Return to “Interior/Exterior Lighting”