Baby BMW Forum banner

2016 120d M-Sport B47

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Flyboy777 
#1 ·
Chaps,

Im currently shopping round for a stage 1 remap and can see the general increase is from 190bhp to 230bhp.

I have never remapped a car before so apart from the obvious increase in power, I am not sure if it would be worth it.

Can anyone with a similar vehicle advise me accordingly?

One of the tuning companies informed me the mpg would increase and the engine would run a lot smoother. Can anyone vouch for this?

Cheers

#2 ·
Depends on who does the remap, 40BHP is about normal for a stage1 map but don't ignore the torque figures, make sure you use a well recommended remapper, saving the pennies could affect your cars lifespan and could actually break various parts.

Also worth noting if you do remap the car you will need to inform the insurance and it's not recommended if the car is a lease hire as you don't technically own the car to make such changes.

Generally a stage1 map will bring a car to life, you will notice the difference in acceleration and often depending on the person who completed the map acceleration will often be smoother.

#3 ·
monkyken said:
Depends on who does the remap, 40BHP is about normal for a stage1 map but don't ignore the torque figures, make sure you use a well recommended remapper, saving the pennies could affect your cars lifespan and could actually break various parts.

Also worth noting if you do remap the car you will need to inform the insurance and it's not recommended if the car is a lease hire as you don't technically own the car to make such changes.

Generally a stage1 map will bring a car to life, you will notice the difference in acceleration and often depending on the person who completed the map acceleration will often be smoother.
Thanks for the info, is there any companies out there that u would recommend?

#5 ·
I remapped my B47 engined F31 320D touring with jfautomotive.
Included a before & after dyno run. Mine was an auto & they also included a remap of the transmission control unit but kept everything within the 500nm torque limt of the 8at box.
Basically the tranny part of the remap raised the torque limits in the lower gears. With DCT off it would spin the wheels amusingly for a 2 litre oil burner.
I think power went from the std 190 to 225.
They are in Maidstone Kent.

Later I had an egr valve recall that involved a software update that deleted the remap. OMG the car was so flat after that! JF remapped it for free afterwards.
My mpg was certainly not worse. Couldn't get that car below 50mpg unless stuck in an urban run. Saw 70 on a few runs stuck in 50 limits on motorways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.