Baby BMW Forum banner

What DP for my M140i & why?

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  MrArthur 
#1 ·
Hi guys im Arthur! (Not Shmee) :lol2:

What downpipe do you recomend me to use for my M140i?

I know its a subject that has many different answers, its about taste and what you will use your car for.

Im using my car everyday from home to work, all year around. And the plan is to go on some nice long roadtrips as well. In the winter its fun with DSC Off! :D

I allready have the MPE and my plan of modification is as followed:

1. JB4 with the bluetooth
2. BMS Intake
3. Downpipe
4. Differential
5. Toyo R888R

So about the DP:

The standard DP is 600 CEL and changing that to a 200 CEL is the "smart" thing to do. To change to a catless DP is only working together with a tune, and its more for the people who want to experiment with meth injection and E85...

So im basicly thinking of the Wagner 200 CEL DP for the B58 engine, anyone here who have that one? Many of you went with a group buy of BCS exhaust products, why is that? Why not supersprint, Wagner, ER, AWE, Fabspeed, Armytrix and so on? :eek2:

Cheers!
//Arthur

See less See more
#3 ·
marco_polo said:
You're wise to do it in steps, imo. I'd fit the MPE and JB4, and then have a listen/long road test. That could be loud enough for most people, even the intake could make it too noisy.
Thanks for your reply!

I picked up my M140i 3 months ago and under the first week the MPE came on. Its a very nice tone but I want more "pop´s and bang´s". So thats why im thinking to add a 200 CEL DP...

Or are you saying that together with the JB4 the car will sound more? As if the JB4 makes somehow more noise?

#7 ·
So this is what JB4 Shop.co.uk answers me:

"Our selfmade 4´5" downpipe for the M140i gives you an extra 15-20bhp on a stock car, and 430bhp with JB4 on map 3."

And on this page: the ER 4´5" downpipe gives you 32 whp!?!

:? :? :?

These two DP´s look like the same, but they give you very different output! Why is it like that?

Who can I trust here? It´s only 200 pounds up to the ER DP... Both is catless and is 4´5"

:sterb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.