Baby BMW Forum banner

JB+ or JB4

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Goon 
#1 ·
Hi

I'm new here, recently bought an M135i lci and now want Jb+ or jb4. Rest of the car is stock and i don't plan on anything other then maybe a cat back later in the year.
I'm not too fussed with all the extra stuff you can do with Jb4, i just want a little more power.
Does Jb+ run the same in terms of power and the way it's delivered as say the Jb4 in map 1?

#5 ·
Compactpete said:
Hi and welcome!

The JB+ gives a very noticeable gain and can be fitted/removed in under 30 seconds.

Highly recommended if you don't plan on any further mods.
Thanks.
Have you got a JB+ fitted mate?
I'm still a little unsure as iv read the Jb4 gives you not only more power but it's smoother, is it worth the extra £300 though.
sspdw said:
Why not go for MHD flash tune? Just a obdII cable then you can flash new software with your android phone.
No idea what this is, il do some reading. Cheers

#7 ·
Danny1989 said:
Tib1 said:
If choosing between jb+ and jb4 I'd take jb4.
I first had jb+ and did not like power delivery, jb4 is different. Mhd might be good, unfortunately only works with Android.
Did you switch to Jb4? How is it different mate?
Yes I did. Jb4 gives clearly more power even with map1 and more important is that power delivery is smooth and also top end with ewg version feels powerful. Jb+ was not good at top end and power delivery was bit jerky, low/midrange power increase was there but as said didn't like the power delivery.

#8 ·
Tib1 said:
Yes I did. Jb4 gives clearly more power even with map1 and more important is that power delivery is smooth and also top end with ewg version feels powerful. Jb+ was not good at top end and power delivery was bit jerky, low/midrange power increase was there but as said didn't like the power delivery.
Ok, that's the sort of info i was after. Will get Jb4 ordered from **************.

#9 ·
Tib1 said:
Danny1989 said:
Tib1 said:
I first had jb+ and did not like power delivery, jb4 is different. Mhd might be good, unfortunately only works with Android.
What is the ewg version??

#10 ·
Tib1 said:
Danny1989 said:
Tib1 said:
Can you switch between maps and back to standard without messing about under the bonnet.

#13 ·
Sorry to bother you, just looking to see if anyone can help me with my bluespark pro gen 2 its just that the blue light that was flashing for days and then it just started to stay a solid blue light for few days and now its went back to flashing blue again??? Ano help would be much appreciated thanks

#14 ·
Goon said:
Tib1 said:
Danny1989 said:
Can you switch between maps and back to standard without messing about under the bonnet.
With JB4, yes you can via the app.

#16 ·
BARDO1987 said:
Sorry to bother you, just looking to see if anyone can help me with my bluespark pro gen 2 its just that the blue light that was flashing for days and then it just started to stay a solid blue light for few days and now its went back to flashing blue again??? Ano help would be much appreciated thanks
Bluespark have a sponsors post here, get in touch I'm sure they will help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.