BMW 120D E87 DPF Delete and remap.HELP!

Get more out of your engine by remapping, tuning & chipping

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis

teekleton

Postby teekleton » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi

I have a BMW 120D E87 M sport, 163bhp.

The DPF light has come up on my car and the cars in limp mode right now. Its horrible to drive as its so slow. Wanted to know of any good places to get the DPF deleted and a remap in the london area. Im in the south east, bromley area. Anyone know any place thats good? Ive asked Quantum tuning which has had good reviews, only thing is that this branch doesn't have a dyno so i cant actually see on paper if the remaps had any effect.

I know theres a section of different companies that offer chips, but do any of them offer a DPF removal and a remap nearby to me?

Any help will be appreciated!

Anish1993
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: BMW 120D E87 DPF Delete and remap.HELP!

Postby Anish1993 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:13 pm

Tbf dyno figures are tampered with anyway.

teekleton

Postby teekleton » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Anish1993 wrote:Tbf dyno figures are tampered with anyway.

Oh really? Do you know how much this should cost on average as well?

Anish1993

Postby Anish1993 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:14 pm

BW chiptune reputable across this forum

Will quote you £350 for a custom remap with dyno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nottsknots
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Nottsknots » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Jason at BW chiptune certainly talks a lot of sense on this forum, so highly credible (not that I have first hand experience of his services).

He'll also probably be able to sort out your DPF without having to remove it to get power. The trouble with removing it is that when the DoT tightens the rules (v. soon), you'll find you have an MoT failure and have to pay to get it fixed (or scrap your car). Its your car, do what you like, but know the full S.P. before you act :) .
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

teekleton

Postby teekleton » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:25 pm

Nottsknots wrote:Jason at BW chiptune certainly talks a lot of sense on this forum, so highly credible (not that I have first hand experience of his services).

He'll also probably be able to sort out your DPF without having to remove it to get power. The trouble with removing it is that when the DoT tightens the rules (v. soon), you'll find you have an MoT failure and have to pay to get it fixed (or scrap your car). Its your car, do what you like, but know the full S.P. before you act :) .

Thanks for the help guys!

strixas

Postby strixas » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Nottsknots wrote:Jason at BW chiptune certainly talks a lot of sense on this forum, so highly credible (not that I have first hand experience of his services).

Or houw they will check if opened removed and nice welded back

DazW

Postby DazW » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:04 am

Because they're about to bring in a new emissions test that a diesel can only pass with a working DPF, the same way a petrol can't pass without a cat

Nottsknots
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Nottsknots » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:12 pm

DazW wrote:Because they're about to bring in a new emissions test that a diesel can only pass with a working DPF, the same way a petrol can't pass without a cat

Glad it wasnt me who had to spell it out, thanks :)

"It is an offence under the Road vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations (Regulation 61a(3))1 to use a vehicle which has been modified in such a way that it no longer complies with the air pollutant emissions standards it was designed to meet."

Only problem currently is proving it, but when the detection equipment is rolled out, it'll be measurable.
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

jason@bwchiptune
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Postby jason@bwchiptune » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:59 am

strixas wrote:

Or houw they will check if opened removed and nice welded back

By the live reads from the Ecu
I can tell if the Dpf has been removed without looking then I'm sure they can tell

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs
New and fully refurbished BMW Ecus
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB
Click here for: BMW Remaps
Click here for: BMW Repairs

DynoDynamics rolling road testing in london & newcastle