Moderators: Lambster, Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis

rob180bhp
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: MHD

Post by rob180bhp » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:21 am

MsportShaun1 wrote:
krisabf wrote:
MsportShaun1 wrote: It already does with no mods!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You're in for a treat then once you've flashed it. If you can get the traction it'll put a massive smile on your face. The increase in power is very noticeable
Can't wait now!! Lol
Still be a nervous time doing the first flash but I will follow the good advice given.
Just one thing, I thought hooking up a battery charger was due to the fuel pump running the entire time it's being flashed? So if I pull the fuel pump fuse is it still needed?

Follow the guidelines and use a charger, don't try and changed the rules lol

Full ignition on with everything live for 40mins will drain your battery, maybe not flat but at this stage if things go wrong then you could potentially brick an ecu
E82 wide135i MHD stage 2/f30 brakes/meisterR/m3 everything / Vrsf
Instagram "rob180bhp"

MsportShaun1

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: MHD

Post by MsportShaun1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:24 am

rob180bhp wrote:
MsportShaun1 wrote:
krisabf wrote:
You're in for a treat then once you've flashed it. If you can get the traction it'll put a massive smile on your face. The increase in power is very noticeable
Can't wait now!! Lol
Still be a nervous time doing the first flash but I will follow the good advice given.
Just one thing, I thought hooking up a battery charger was due to the fuel pump running the entire time it's being flashed? So if I pull the fuel pump fuse is it still needed?

Follow the guidelines and use a charger, don't try and changed the rules lol
Lol, point taken, I'll follow the rules.

Danny_Boy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: MHD

Post by Danny_Boy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:42 am

MHD say you "should" be ok if you pull the fuel pump fuse and turn everything else off with a healthy battery. But why take the risk?

Buy a charger from Halfords, keep it all wrapped up and then take it back afterwards as unused and not needed :lol:
2009 E82 135i Manual - MHD - Quaife - BMWP Exhaust - VRSF DCI - Intercooler - Charge Pipe - M3 LCA & Arms - BMWP Strut Brace - Darklines -

MsportShaun1

Re: RE: Re: MHD

Post by MsportShaun1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Danny_Boy wrote:MHD say you "should" be ok if you pull the fuel pump fuse and turn everything else off with a healthy battery. But why take the risk?

Buy a charger from Halfords, keep it all wrapped up and then take it back afterwards as unused and not needed
Haha, I like your thinking.
If I dig deep enough in the garage I'll probably already have one.
Not taking ANY risks or short cuts with this one, I'll do it all by the book.

rob180bhp

Post by rob180bhp » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:09 pm

How long before OP starts an Lsd thread and a suspension thread to help cope with the power
Instagram "rob180bhp"

Danny_Boy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Danny_Boy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:16 pm

rob180bhp wrote:How long before OP starts an Lsd thread and a suspension thread to help cope with the power
A diff is the most important mod to these cars IMO!

Have you disabled the E-Diff in yours rob?
2009 E82 135i Manual - MHD - Quaife - BMWP Exhaust - VRSF DCI - Intercooler - Charge Pipe - M3 LCA & Arms - BMWP Strut Brace - Darklines -

rob180bhp

Post by rob180bhp » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Danny_Boy wrote:
rob180bhp wrote:How long before OP starts an Lsd thread and a suspension thread to help cope with the power

No I havnt yet
I need to get hold of wibbles and see if he can do it
But I'm quite happy as it is also, my back tyres are huge, I get the odd tc flicker but nothing much
Last edited by rob180bhp on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram "rob180bhp"

Danny_Boy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Danny_Boy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:21 pm

rob180bhp wrote:
Danny_Boy wrote:

No I havnt yet
I need to get hold of wibbles and see if he can do it
Really easy to do mate, if I can do it, anyone can! The you tube video on it is spot on. So much nicer to drive with it off too, no rear brakes coming in randomly and killing power/upsetting balance

rob180bhp

Post by rob180bhp » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:22 pm

I have never tried to code anything on a bmw, I'll find the guide but I'll probably ask wibbles
Instagram "rob180bhp"

MsportShaun1

Post by MsportShaun1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:47 pm

It's a bit mad that a 300 bhp rwd car doesn't come as standard with a proper lsd.
Even my 1985 1.6 Toyota Corolla gt had an lsd.

docwra
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by docwra » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:28 am

MsportShaun1 wrote:
It's a bit mad that a 300 bhp rwd car doesn't come as standard with a proper lsd.
Probably because there were two other cars with blue and white badges that were very similar but sold for quite a lot more money, they had to differentiate somehow right? ;)
TBF they were pretty unique for it back in the day ......... this is a lot of the reason they cost what they do these days.

Rob, you would absolutely walk the coding mate, its very straightforward and is so worth doing, car is much better with e-diff disabled :)

rob180bhp

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: MHD

Post by rob180bhp » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:30 am

docwra wrote:
MsportShaun1 wrote:
Probably because there were two other cars with blue and white badges that were very similar but sold for quite a lot more money, they had to differentiate somehow right? ;)
TBF they were pretty unique for it back in the day ......... this is a lot of the reason they cost what they do these days.

Rob, you would absolutely walk the coding mate, its very straightforward and is so worth doing, car is much better with e-diff disabled :)
I'm sure its needed and I will look in to it
Instagram "rob180bhp"

Danny_Boy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Danny_Boy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:06 am

MsportShaun1 wrote:

Sales perspective. BMW didn't install one because no one would buy an M car if the 135i could smoke the rear up as much as one. Loads of car makers do it, Mercedes even with like a CL500 or something.

They all love these E-Diffs where it brakes on the wheel that's spinning forcing the other wheel to turn and so on. Seeing as 98% of the clients wont even turn the traction control off in their lifetime of ownership, its also a waste. It was an option from BMW though for a price!

rob180bhp

Post by rob180bhp » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:43 am

Danny_Boy wrote:
MsportShaun1 wrote:

Sales perspective. BMW didn't install one because no one would buy an M car if the 135i could smoke the rear up as much as one. Loads of car makers do it, Mercedes even with like a CL500 or something.

They all love these E-Diffs where it brakes on the wheel that's spinning forcing the other wheel to turn and so on. Seeing as 98% of the clients wont even turn the traction control off in their lifetime of ownership, its also a waste. It was an option from BMW though for a price!
Was it an option on E series 135? Didnt think it was?
Instagram "rob180bhp"

Danny_Boy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Danny_Boy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:40 am

rob180bhp wrote:
Danny_Boy wrote:
MsportShaun1 wrote: It's a bit mad that a 300 bhp rwd car doesn't come as standard with a proper lsd.

Was it an option on E series 135? Didnt think it was?
I thought it was? Or am I confusing it with the F* series?

Return to “Engine Remapping/Tuning/Chipping”