Baby BMW Forum banner

Jb4 map 2 v map 6

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  harkes 
#1 ·
#4 ·
This is my motor... Took the trip up to PC on Friday to have the positap connections hooked up to ODB port, latest software and a custom map 6.

Thanks to Dave, car feels great. Nice and progressive and plenty of power everywhere along the rev range!

Highly recommend a trip to PC if anyone's thinking of doing the same! :)

The only thing I did notice is that on old positap 3.31 software my AvIgn always hovered between 2-3 but with the latest software it high 3 to mid 4's. Is this due to the additional readings across the cylinders?

#6 ·
Manc M135i said:
This is my motor... Took the trip up to PC on Friday to have the positap connections hooked up to ODB port, latest software and a custom map 6.

Thanks to Dave, car feels great. Nice and progressive and plenty of power everywhere along the rev range!

Highly recommend a trip to PC if anyone's thinking of doing the same! :)

The only thing I did notice is that on old positap 3.31 software my AvIgn always hovered between 2-3 but with the latest software it high 3 to mid 4's. Is this due to the additional readings across the cylinders?
Sorry, where's PC ? Thinking of having a Map6 done when my sports cat comes.

#10 ·
Caddyroo said:
To clarify, where this says stock does it mean completely stock car and stock map ? Then the map 2 and map 6 are also stock car JB4 only ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do a log and post it on N54tech.com. In general only map1/5 are recommended for stock cars but doing a single log will not do any harm. Dont play around with map6 unless you know how to read a log!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.