Baby BMW Forum banner

BCA car auctions whats your experience?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  rik220 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Today I travelled from Belfast - Luton then to Bedford BCA auction for the BMW group sale. My reason for going was to hopefully get my missus' ex lease 2015 pre lci F21 116i M sport.. That was not to be, I was outbid on it and I'm disappointed but, hey ho.

The prices that the hammer fell at, for almost everything was at best forecourt price. I sat through the whole auction.

Whats your experiences of BCA or similar auctions?

Rick.

#4 ·
I run a used car dealership and the premium manufacturer sales can be very expensive, especially when you add the private buyers fee to 20ish grand!

Could be worth considering keeping your eyes peeled at BCA Edinburgh (BMW) and BCA Kinross. Both can fetch lower prices being more northern and although Kinross has no fleet they have John Clark and Peter Vardy on a Wednesday so you get some nice bits coming from Aberdeen and surrounding area. Might be a bit more of a wait for something specific out of Kinross but will undoubtedly come cheaper.

#5 ·
I've bought 3 cars at BCA in the past, 2 of them were BMWs at BMW group sales in Nottingham. Got a pristine year old E90 320d direct from BMW Group with very little miles on it and my old E87 118d M Sport. I picked up both for around trade book price (including the buyers fee), however that was a while ago now and I believe prices at auctions in recent years have risen.

#6 ·
That's a good point about Edinburgh and Kinross. I'm probably after an M135i so I don't know if they would be at those auctions. I will keep an eye though. Yesterday there was two M135i's a 65 plate alpine white 3dr M135i manual, it went for £20k, the other was exact same spec only it was sports auto and it went for £21k.

I wanted the 116i because I know the car and I ordered it. Alpine white, interior comfort pack, driver comfort pack, M sport plus pack, black leather and heated seats. Was the last of pre LCI so it had the newer version i drive. When I seen it yesterday sitting in the auction I hadn't seen the car since 15th May :cry:

Yesterday I noticed petrols selling for 2-3k more than the same year/spec/miles diesel!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.