Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

GazJM

Re: Fitted this bad boy in my F20 yesterday :D

Post by GazJM » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:11 pm

MikeJM wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:19 pm
Just contacted "Carlife" again for a price for screen unit, camera and postage, a hopefully will get reply.
Not sure why I am not getting a reply?

Also, replied to Milo of "CarNavi" email requesting, if possible a better price or a Carlife price match????

I think £440 ($595 USD) is not a very good deal (£463+ with camera)?

I found a few on Ali-express for under £400 inclusive but with past experiences shipping takes a good while and get hit with customs and VAT.

Thanks for the advice.
Mike
I’ve got a direct number for carlife. You could talk to them on WhatsApp for free? Inbox me if you want it and I’ll send it you
Previous - Astra GTC Sport 1.7 CDTi
Now - BMW 118d M Sport

andru
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by andru » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:34 pm

I put in my order for the screen earlier and I think I may have been the last one as when I placed it his reply was "u are the last one, and before our holiday, then all out, next batch will be after holiday

BR"

Hopefully Milo at Carnavi will price match as they are the same unit. I've had many conversations with him and he seems very accommodating.

I've also watched this Youtube video of the unit,I think it's the same one, It's very good and shows everything the unit can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWBF9TCuvOM
2015 Alpine White 125D

jordan
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jordan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:48 pm

andru wrote:I put in my order for the screen earlier and I think I may have been the last one as when I placed it his reply was "u are the last one, and before our holiday, then all out, next batch will be after holiday

BR"

Hopefully Milo at Carnavi will price match as they are the same unit. I've had many conversations with him and he seems very accommodating.

I've also watched this Youtube video of the unit,I think it's the same one, It's very good and shows everything the unit can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWBF9TCuvOM
Hi Andru, have you paid yet? He said he would send me a money request on Wednesday,

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

andru
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by andru » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:51 am

He sent my money request yesterday and I've paid. It was 460usd all in. I've been dialing to him for about 2 weeks and I think I may have had the last one from memory, that is until he gets more in after his holidays. I'd double check with him to be sure.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2015 Alpine White 125D

jordan
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jordan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:16 am

andru wrote:He sent my money request yesterday and I've paid. It was 460usd all in. I've been dialing to him for about 2 weeks and I think I may have had the last one from memory, that is until he gets more in after his holidays. I'd double check with him to be sure.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
All cleared up, when I said I'd take one last week he reserved it as an order, paid today so all is good, just the waiting now!

f20118dmsport
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by f20118dmsport » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:00 pm

MikeJM wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:19 pm
Just contacted "Carlife" again for a price for screen unit, camera and postage, a hopefully will get reply.
Not sure why I am not getting a reply?

Also, replied to Milo of "CarNavi" email requesting, if possible a better price or a Carlife price match????

I think £440 ($595 USD) is not a very good deal (£463+ with camera)?

I found a few on Ali-express for under £400 inclusive but with past experiences shipping takes a good while and get hit with customs and VAT.

Thanks for the advice.
Mike
Hi Mike have you had a reply from Carlife as I haven't heard anything from them.
I did get a reply from Milo from Carnavi who do seem a lot more professional, he gave me the same price as you have. But like you say is £100 more and I don't think he is interested in price matching.
Last edited by f20118dmsport on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave :thumbs:
-----------------------------------------------
F22 M240i _ Sports Auto_Mineral White_ Sun Protection_ Adaptive Suspension _Heated Seats_Driver Comfort Pack_ Folding Mirrors_5 year Service Pack.

Gone:
F20 118 d Msport
E46 320 d Msport

MikeJM

Post by MikeJM » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi Dave,
Sadly, not heard anything from Carlife, sent many questions for price and stock availability - zilt.

Contacted Milo again and price stands as best.

Searching the internet and all Chinese manufacture outlets found and excellent product and good limited deal.

Ewaygps EW960A, 10.25", Android 4.44, Quad-core A9 CPU 1.6. $450 USD reduced from $680.
3 days dispatch time and free delivery to UK through DHL or DPD or EMS withing 8 days??

Link:
http://www.android-car-dvd.com/Android- ... 0-F10.html

You can also pay through PayPAL.

Have a look and see if you can see any concerns.
They also sell products through Ali-Express but not this new product.$

Hope this helps and I will give them my order and include a license plate rear camera which they have for $15.

f20118dmsport
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by f20118dmsport » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 pm

MikeJM wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:49 pm
Hi Dave,
Sadly, not heard anything from Carlife, sent many questions for price and stock availability - zilt.

Contacted Milo again and price stands as best.

Searching the internet and all Chinese manufacture outlets found and excellent product and good limited deal.

Ewaygps EW960A, 10.25", Android 4.44, Quad-core A9 CPU 1.6. $450 USD reduced from $680.
3 days dispatch time and free delivery to UK through DHL or DPD or EMS withing 8 days??

Link:
http://www.android-car-dvd.com/Android- ... 0-F10.html

You can also pay through PayPAL.

Have a look and see if you can see any concerns.
They also sell products through Ali-Express but not this new product.$

Hope this helps and I will give them my order and include a license plate rear camera which they have for $15.
That looks a good alternative but looking at the pictures it is the f30 screen I think and would leave the gap behind....was this ok with you
Dave :thumbs:
-----------------------------------------------
F22 M240i _ Sports Auto_Mineral White_ Sun Protection_ Adaptive Suspension _Heated Seats_Driver Comfort Pack_ Folding Mirrors_5 year Service Pack.

Gone:
F20 118 d Msport
E46 320 d Msport

MikeJM

Post by MikeJM » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:07 pm

I have provided the details of my car F20 lci 2015 manual transmission and NBT iDrive?

Thanks for the information and looking.
Will check with them.
Why did they state 1 series, maybe too good to be a bargain?

Similar unit although more expensive on Amazon stating BMW F20/F21 and 2 series?

Thanks again
Mike

jordan
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jordan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:44 pm

MikeJM wrote:I have provided the details of my car F20 lci 2015 manual transmission and NBT iDrive?

Thanks for the information and looking.
Will check with them.
Why did they state 1 series, maybe too good to be a bargain?

Similar unit although more expensive on Amazon stating BMW F20/F21 and 2 series?

Thanks again
Mike
Hi mike, the f30 screen back casing is symmetrical and as such will fit the f20 regardless of RHD or LHD, but will leave a gap visible from behind the screen.

Scroll through this thread to see some before and after photos of a f30 screen fit:
viewtopic.php?t=91212&start=45

The f20 screen back casing is more triangular in shape, and is orientated on LHD or RHD and as such are not interchangeable, if you are ordering a f20 fitment screen, make sure it's a RHD variant.

Jordan.

MikeJM

Post by MikeJM » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:43 am

Thanks Jordan,
It is a concern if the unit is for a F30 and adaptable for a F20/F21.
Does the YouTube link show F30 or F20, you can see it is right hand drive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWx8D8NCL5U

I have requested my requirements as BMW F20 2015 LCI right hand drive NBT.
They only ask me a vague question, "Pls tell me which model is your bmw auto".
Which I did in detail.

The total cost, payable through PayPal, including HD night vision rear view license plate camera is: £355.63 sterling.

This includes free delivery UK (three days processing and packaging, then five to eight days delivery guaranteed?).

Will have to look into the gap concern to see if it stands out and looks a bad fit.

Will keep you updated.
May have to order it to get some clear indication if the unit supplied is for NBT F20 right hand drive.

Many thanks

Mike

Bmw_ire_2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Bmw_ire_2012 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:41 pm

Just got confirmation that my one will ship tomorrow or the following day. I'll post up a review when I've fitted it looking forward to receiving it, think it'll add a lot of functionality and make the cabin look much better as I've only the 6.5 screen currently.
M240i Loaded With Options & M Performance Parts. Jb4 / Led M Performance Wheel / Bcs Full System - Sports Cat / BMW M Performance 624 Wheels :evil:

jordan
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jordan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:43 pm

Bmw_ire_2012 wrote:Just got confirmation that my one will ship tomorrow or the following day. I'll post up a review when I've fitted it looking forward to receiving it, think it'll add a lot of functionality and make the cabin look much better as I've only the 6.5 screen currently.
Just got the same email. if you get yours before us, make sure to update us with lots of pictures!

Bmw_ire_2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Bmw_ire_2012 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:02 pm

jordan wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:43 pm
Bmw_ire_2012 wrote:Just got confirmation that my one will ship tomorrow or the following day. I'll post up a review when I've fitted it looking forward to receiving it, think it'll add a lot of functionality and make the cabin look much better as I've only the 6.5 screen currently.
Just got the same email. if you get yours before us, make sure to update us with lots of pictures!

Will do, to be honest I only really got it so I could run the jb4 app on my main screen, currently using a tablet for that which sets nicely between the space where the cup holders are. I'll use the tablet now for my music, main screen running jb4.
M240i Loaded With Options & M Performance Parts. Jb4 / Led M Performance Wheel / Bcs Full System - Sports Cat / BMW M Performance 624 Wheels :evil:

jordan
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jordan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:05 pm

I mainly got it for nav and Bluetooth streaming, as my car came with neither.

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”