Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Troy_McLure's_Assistant
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Dreadful service advice needed

Post by Troy_McLure's_Assistant » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Just got off the phone with the dealer principal.

The finance company has (after an appeal) accepted the application for the car so I can go ahead with the purchase.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.
M140i Shadow Edition - Sunset Orange - Pro Nav - Auto box - Reversing Camera - Driving Assistant - Apple CarPlay

tweeky
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by tweeky » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:57 pm

id be hoping for a few freebees now tho.
Current 2015 F22 Melbourne Red 220D loaded with many extras.
Gone 2012 E82 Space Grey 118D Sports Plus standard spec.

Troy_McLure's_Assistant
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Troy_McLure's_Assistant » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:18 pm

tweeky wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:57 pm
I was very clear on that point!
M140i Shadow Edition - Sunset Orange - Pro Nav - Auto box - Reversing Camera - Driving Assistant - Apple CarPlay

Lordharding

Post by Lordharding » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Lordharding wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:28 pm
You will get your deposit back
No problems with that
Massive c**k up by the garage thought
Salesman who hadn't a clue or hidden things
He has probably been fired over that and other things
Salesmanager or Buisness manager have to carry the can for that as the car should not of been ordered and now they are stock with a 30k+ motor

They will sell that no problem thought
keep an eye on their website for cancelled car
Its the OP that's knackered now with having to go out and buy another car and trying to get finace

Probably not much you can get legally for compensation though apart from an apology
As they would just claim you were paying cash
Seems strange though finance was passed then declined but ago an salesman c**k uo

Kerr
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Kerr » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Troy_McLure's_Assistant wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:18 pm
tweeky wrote:
You're still getting the car. Someone has made a minor mistake and no harm has been caused. I don't see the issue to kick off too much to be honest. You won't be entitled to any compensation.

It doesn't sound good with the finance company requiring proof and an appeal having to be put in to grant you the finance.

Troy_McLure's_Assistant
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Troy_McLure's_Assistant » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:48 pm

Kerr wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:35 pm
tweeky wrote:
You're still getting the car. Someone has made a minor mistake and no harm has been caused. I don't see the issue to kick off too much to be honest. You won't be entitled to any compensation.

It doesn't sound good with the finance company requiring proof and an appeal having to be put in to grant you the finance.

I was being facetious. The second finance company accepted it without any issue and without any further proofs being required.

You're saying it's a 'minor mistake' yet something tells me that if it were you in the same position, you wouldn't just sit back, accept it and say 'ah well, it was a minor mistake. Never mind that we sold the car based on your advice or that you didn't bother to check whether the finance company needed anything for more than two months and only did so out of a sudden realisation that they hadn't actually paid for the car yet.'

Kerr

Post by Kerr » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:48 pm
Kerr wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:35 pm

I was being facetious. The second finance company accepted it without any issue and without any further proofs being required.

You're saying it's a 'minor mistake' yet something tells me that if it were you in the same position, you wouldn't just sit back, accept it and say 'ah well, it was a minor mistake. Never mind that we sold the car based on your advice or that you didn't bother to check whether the finance company needed anything for more than two months and only did so out of a sudden realisation that they hadn't actually paid for the car yet.'
You selling your car is a completely separate transaction. They offer you the chance to trade it in, but you wanted to sell outside the deal.There has been plenty of examples of people's cars not arriving on time, not the correct order or damaged, and having to back out. Deals collapse on a regular basis for numerous reasons. It's risky to leave yourself in the position of having to take the car and having no plan B.

I'd bet the salesman will be desperate not to put himself in the same position again. I still don't see it as anything more than a paperwork mistake that I'm sure we have all made at work. It's still technically your credit rating that caused the main issue in the deal.

He's also sorted the situation somewhat. It has always seemed to easy to me for people to get £30k+ plus car on finance with next to no outlay, living with parents and having zero savings. I hope he's not ruined your credit rating further by making multiple applications to get someone to finance you.

Hopefully the car is worth it. Enjoy.

implicity
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by implicity » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:56 pm

Troy_McLure's_Assistant glad everything is sorted for you. I honestly wouldn't expect any freebies because it looks like while they have made an error, they worked to rectify the situation in a timely manner. Hopefully they can make it up to you in after sales if you choose to let them service your car. :)
'67 EB M140i SE

Uncle Tupelo
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Uncle Tupelo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:06 pm

Difficult to claim he was paying cash as surely the OP has some documention referring to the finance application?
2016 220d Sport xDrive auto.

Troy_McLure's_Assistant
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Troy_McLure's_Assistant » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:24 pm

implicity wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:56 pm
Troy_McLure's_Assistant glad everything is sorted for you. I honestly wouldn't expect any freebies because it looks like while they have made an error, they worked to rectify the situation in a timely manner. Hopefully they can make it up to you in after sales if you choose to let them service your car. :)
They've been fine since, to be fair - although as I've only been dealing with the dealer principal that seems to be making things much smoother. They've offered 3 years free servicing by way of apology which I've accepted. As you say it'll obviously give them the opportunity to 'prove themselves'.

Uncle Tupelo
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Uncle Tupelo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:36 pm

I think that's a reasonable gesture under the circumstances.
2016 220d Sport xDrive auto.

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”