iDrive 6 - Nav Pro/Connected Drive Failing

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

SmudgeM140i

iDrive 6 - Nav Pro/Connected Drive Failing

Post by SmudgeM140i » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:07 am

hi all

Has anyone else started getting problems with their iDrive? Yesterday my Pro Nav wouldn't work and today a pop-up appears every 10 seconds saying 'Data on USB unusable. Please replace USB and try again.'

Nav still doesn't work today and the pop up appears on all areas of iDrive. I'm constantly hitting the back button to clear the screen or switching off the display.

My messages in Connected Drive also disappear after being opened. Seems to be quite a major bug.

I've spoken to BMW and they've had a few calls. Seems to have started since the updated Connected Drive App, and they said they are waiting for an Apple fix. I switched off the bluetooth from phone and disconncted from USB and it still happened, though, so I think it's deeper than that.

I've got an iPhone 6S and car is an up to date 2017 model.

Cheers
Jamie

SmudgeM140i

Re: iDrive 6 - Nav Pro/Connected Drive Failing

Post by SmudgeM140i » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Day four - the satnav comes on at start up but only lasts about 2 mins. The constant popping up of the message is starting to grate on me and can't believe it has anything to do with an iPhone as I've turned off bluetooth and it still happens. Another call being made tomorrow.

oliverpool

Post by oliverpool » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:00 am

I been having issues with the Bluetooth connection and connected app not sending my navigation destination automatically to the car. This happened since i got the iPhone X and iOS 11.1 update and the latest connected drive app update. It all happened nearly the same time
For me. I am now On 11.2 beta and it’s worse!

Class2ldn
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Class2ldn » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:03 am

There's a few on the fb group having this, me included.
I was told the data sent to update the nav may be corrupted in some cases so I've had to book it in to get it sorted.
I tried updating it off the bmw website with a USB and then plugging that into the car but it wouldn't work.
That was bmw's first idea but no cigar so it's going in.
Mineral Grey M140, Auto, Coral, Heated seats/wheel, Sun protection, Pro nav, HK, Comfort package, Lumbar, Front/Rear sensors, Speed limit display.

SmudgeM140i

Post by SmudgeM140i » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:18 am

Took the car into BMW on Friday and asked if a technician could spare 5 mins, which thankfully they could. They did a hard reboot (holding down the volume button until screen goes blank), and that didn't clear anything.

Definitely seems linked to recent updates. When I miss a call it now appears in my notifications, same with fuel etc, which never happened previously. Even the BMW technician was surprised and wasn't aware of the changes. Looks like along with the new App, the car received an update too and something's corrupted. It's back in a week Thursday. Quickest I could get a car and they want the potential to hold it for two days ion case parts are required.

It has also been cutting off phone calls with 'system failure' message appearing on my iPhone. Some days are worse than others.

Every time I use the iDrive is a race against time as the poxy pop up appears (around every 10 seconds), I have to press the back button to clear it, which also kicks you back to previous setting. Other times the pop ups don't appear with only issue the Nav. You can imagine the air has been pretty blue at times!

spl23
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by spl23 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:25 am

Don't know if this is related, but on my 125i (iDrive 5 with Nav Pro), I am now (as of a week or so ago) completely unable to login to the online portal to read email - any time I try, I get a message about the user name and password being incorrect, although I haven't changed them and they still work correctly on the web site. Unfortunately, I cannot find any way of logging out and re-entering the login data; something seems to be completely broken. Going to email CD support today (for all the good that does) and take it in to the Genius this evening (ditto)...
2015 F20 LCI 125i

SmudgeM140i

Post by SmudgeM140i » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:27 pm

Car is with BMW and they've confirmed I need a new iDrive module, which they've ordered and will fit tomorrow.

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”