Headlight Issues: Please Help

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Richard_Saunders

Headlight Issues: Please Help

Post by Richard_Saunders » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi All. I’m new to the Forum and New To BMW ownership.

I recently purchased myself a BMW F21 M135i and absolutely love the car. Prior to owning this been a Mad Clio Sport Fanatic!

Bit more information about myself is that I do own a Car Repair Garage in Essex, so if I can ever help others I will always be willing to.

So my issue, which I need help with, and I do apologies if this has been answered (I have searched), is in relation to the headlights. My car is fitted from factory with Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights (automatic high beam) with what seems to be LED angle eyes/eyebrows/DRL
- Issues - Passenger Side Headlight Unit Intermittently Has an fault where the LED side light either doesn’t turn on, or flickers. When it does this, all the lights work correctly, even the adaptive headlights, however it throws a code for Vertical Aim Failure. I have checked the level sensors and all in tack and working correctly on Live Data. Once the side/DRL turn on properly I don’t have the issue.

Has anyone had a similar issue or problem and if so what did they do to fix. I’ve been looking on OEM real and think I have figure out what I may need to try, but wondered other people’s actual fixes

Thanks
Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”