Baby BMW Forum banner

Does anyone record driving / exhaust sounds?

402 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CynicalRobot 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I am planning on going on some trips once the weather starts to sort itself out and i am thinking of recording the car going around some decent roads / with an external mic picking up either engine noise or exhaust.

Has anyone done anything like this? I am just looking for some advice as i know nothing about doing this.

My original idea was to use my iphone on a mount attached to the passenger seat looking out of the front window with an external mic plugged into the iphone and the mic either taped to the back bumper or put it in the engine bay on the same side of the turbos to get some spooling noises.

Or would you say i am best just getting a gopro and an external mic? is there a specific external mic that wont get distorted with loud noises?

It doesnt have to be brilliant quality... im just interested in it and want to give it a go really. I follow a youtuber who did a review on a bmw m2 and his sound setup is just amazing, i would love to replicate it but i have no idea what mics he uses -

Any advice is welcome!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.