PreLCI F20 AC control retrofit

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster

djdelta

Re: PreLCI F20 AC control retrofit

Post by djdelta » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:14 pm

I'm touch with Wibbles, more around the retrofit of a HU and has said that he's unable to help with the AC.

If someone has the AC panel with the AUTO option on it can you please send us the CODE for that so that I can test?

Cheers,
-Flo

djdelta

Post by djdelta » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:53 pm

reportedly: IHKA | 3000 | KLIMA_SG_ART => IHKA_1Z

But still looking into it.

Found the guy that did a full dual zone but that's too much for me. Just people not following up on their threads.
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showth ... 027&page=2

Also, found one guy that tried it but hasn't put in all the details.
http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/122316-f2 ... -retrofit/

djdelta

Post by djdelta » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Can someone that has the AUTO button on AC please confirm the SALAPA options they have in E-Sys?

djdelta

Post by djdelta » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:20 am

Late update.

IT'S ALIVE!

All in all it's a straight swap and a FDL recode of IHKA | 3000 | KLIMA_SG_ART from IHKR => IHKA_1Z

Best £50 i've spent.

I wasn't very sure with the initial findings in terms of coding but then stumbled onto a guy's mission of doing his f20 which covers pretty much everything all of us would most likely retrofit.

https://www.drive2.com/l/7882185/
right click ->translate is your friend in chrome

Cheers,
Florin

Kierownik
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Kierownik » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:01 am

djdelta wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:20 am
Late update.

IT'S ALIVE!

All in all it's a straight swap and a FDL recode of IHKA | 3000 | KLIMA_SG_ART from IHKR => IHKA_1Z

Best £50 i've spent.

I wasn't very sure with the initial findings in terms of coding but then stumbled onto a guy's mission of doing his f20 which covers pretty much everything all of us would most likely retrofit.

Cheers,
Florin
Exvellent news. I'm looking to fit one in my car too so I'ts great to know it will work.

fez_7
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by fez_7 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:23 am

djdelta wrote:
Late update.

IT'S ALIVE!

Best £50 i've spent.

Cheers,
Florin
Great stuff! Glad you got it sorted in the end and thanks for posting a link to the guide which explains everything.
2013 116D EfficientDynamics

djdelta

Post by djdelta » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 am

fez_7 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:23 am
djdelta wrote:
Late update.

IT'S ALIVE!

Best £50 i've spent.

Cheers,
Florin
Great stuff! Glad you got it sorted in the end and thanks for posting a link to the guide which explains everything.
In all honesty I think someone should sticky this guy's walk-throughs as they are very good.

fez_7
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by fez_7 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:17 pm

djdelta wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 am
fez_7 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:23 am
djdelta wrote:
Late update.

IT'S ALIVE!

Best £50 i've spent.

Cheers,
Florin
In all honesty I think someone should sticky this guy's walk-throughs as they are very good.
They really are! I didn’t know he had so many, I’ve just saved a few to my favourites. I had already read his post on retrofitting HU_ENTRYNAV but his others are just as good and they have given me some ideas for the future.

oxfordshirerob
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by oxfordshirerob » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:20 pm

That is an amazing write-up.

Does anyone here know anyone who does remote ESys coding? Who could do this tweak? I have the Climate Control panel, but am scared to go near the software side of things in fear of bricking my car.

I have cable to connect my car to laptop if that helps, which I assume works with all the coding softwares.

Wibbles did a great job on previous coding for me, but its my understanding from earlier post that he is not doing the climate work, but if this is incorrect then happy days.

Cheers

Rob

djdelta

Post by djdelta » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:43 pm

oxfordshirerob wrote:That is an amazing write-up.

Does anyone here know anyone who does remote ESys coding? Who could do this tweak? I have the Climate Control panel, but am scared to go near the software side of things in fear of bricking my car.

I have cable to connect my car to laptop if that helps, which I assume works with all the coding softwares.

Wibbles did a great job on previous coding for me, but its my understanding from earlier post that he is not doing the climate work, but if this is incorrect then happy days.

Cheers

Rob
I initially spoke to him regarding this and he said that he's not aware of the code requirements.

As long as you have esys set up and working correctly then happy to do a teamviewer session and share the process.

PM me about timings.

Kind regards,
Florin

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

oxfordshirerob
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by oxfordshirerob » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:34 pm

djdelta wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:43 pm
oxfordshirerob wrote:That is an amazing write-up.

Cheers

Rob
I initially spoke to him regarding this and he said that he's not aware of the code requirements.

As long as you have esys set up and working correctly then happy to do a teamviewer session and share the process.

PM me about timings.

Kind regards,
Florin

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Thanks Florin, waiting for the control unit to arrive, so once fitted I'll drop you a PM. Happy to fire control cash or beer your way for assistance. Cheers. Rob

Kierownik
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Kierownik » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:30 pm

So I've decided to give it a go and code it all on my own. Done everything. Coded my start-stop system to remember last setting.
Then I started doing my aircon panel. I managed to code it, fitted it and... no success. It doesn't do anything.
Only the middle light above the fan speed buttons is illuminated and that's it. Can't do anything. Can't change fan speed, temp, nothing.I tried IHKA_1Z, tried also IHKA_2Z but still nothing.
Could it be that the panel itself is damaged? Or maybe it's not compatible with my car at all? What is your panel part number? Mine is BMW 6411 9384046-01

Any ideas? Thanks
2013 F20 116d M Sport - RED - because reds are the fastest :-D Well mine isn't, stock 116d but damn she's beautiful.

fez_7
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by fez_7 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:42 pm

Kierownik wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:30 pm
So I've decided to give it a go and code it all on my own. Done everything. Coded my start-stop system to remember last setting.
Then I started doing my aircon panel. I managed to code it, fitted it and... no success. It doesn't do anything.
Only the middle light above the fan speed buttons is illuminated and that's it. Can't do anything. Can't change fan speed, temp, nothing.I tried IHKA_1Z, tried also IHKA_2Z but still nothing.
Could it be that the panel itself is damaged? Or maybe it's not compatible with my car at all? What is your panel part number? Mine is BMW 6411 9384046-01

Any ideas? Thanks
After checking on realoem it looks like that part no. is from the LCI model which may mean it’s not compatible? What year is your car?

Kierownik
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Kierownik » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:51 pm

Mine is pre lci, 2013. Any idea which part number would be compatible then?
2013 F20 116d M Sport - RED - because reds are the fastest :-D Well mine isn't, stock 116d but damn she's beautiful.

Ogb666
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ogb666 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Fitted this very same part number to a customers 2012 f20.sure it’s coded properly?

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”